No announcement yet.

I need advice- (Chelsea / Best Friend)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need advice- (Chelsea / Best Friend)

The first few posts of this thread are so mean-spirited. V, why would you make such a big deal out of this? Just tell your friend where to go. You don't have to go with them. No one will know you sent them. Who cares? Why would you possibly blow off your "best amiga"? Glad you're not my best friend... geez.

Comment

In an effort to lighten up the thread...

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
      ... the name of the place in Chelsea that has unlimited drink brunches...
      I would actually love to know this - it's been a long time since I knew of a brunch with unlimited drinks, and there's one in my own neighborhood?

Come on, spill it!

Comment

Re: In an effort to lighten up the thread...

Originally posted by gatopreto View Post
        I would actually love to know this - it's been a long time since I knew of a brunch with unlimited drinks, and there's one in my own neighborhood?

Come on, spill it!
        In this economy, I'm afraid that's gone the way of the dinosaurs, although I love Rafaella's on 9th for brunch. Such a cozy little place that's still nice even when crowded. Hopefully it doesn't get forced out of business to make way for a Dunkin Donuts.
        www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Vidis,

Would you please identify this place? I definitely would like to know which of my local eateries offers unlimited drinks with their brunch! I'd love to go there . . . even though I spent the first 7 years of life in Brooklyn, and the next 7 in LawnGUYland,

Comment

Originally posted by JoJe View Post
            ...Vidis is not only a misogynist but he himself, in a past posting, corrected someone who called him that by saying that he is more accurately a misanthrope. That's probably true. We do know that he loves his cat. It's true that cats and dogs give unconditional love and acceptance. People can hurt you. Sounds like Vidis requires a lot of attention and can't shake the hurt from the past. He has major issues and sounds angry. He probably is a very nice guy deep down -- just needs some help/guidance.
            I really need to stress that I no way have anything against women! That's horrible slander and not fair. If it were a couple of jerkie men asking my friend for info on the unlimited drink place, I would have made this thread about them - would that still be misogynistic, or against ALL men? - no!

Maybe my mistake was that I approached this local forum with something thinking this group could help me work out - I don't like being attacked, and I certainly don?t like attacking others here. I've read a lot of things alexis has written, and usually agree with her with a lot of respect. I've asked to have a post I wrote to her removed partly because it was not nice, and felt bad to Jonathan, like if he had invited us to a dinner party and there was a food fight.

Yeah, I am angry! Livid p*ssed actually - that when I moved here 12yrs ago I thought I found utopia, and the changes to our neighborhood (some good, most not) have caused me reason for concern.

I am a very nice guy deep down AND on the surface. I am very kind and considerate to everybody I meet - the kind of guy who goes out of his way to hold the door for someone, pick something up someone dropped, stay out of the way when in a group standing on the sidewalk for others to pass, keep noise down, streets clean and so many other things often people neglect. I go out of my way to stay out the way. I work for a civil rights organization, and volunteer my time to others.

I'm a really good person, loyal friend and very thoughful neighbor.
            I am super grateful that I have so many wonderful women in my life - three being my best dear friends.

Call me fat, say I'm ugly, say anything, but please do not allow my name to be synonymous with misogyny.

Thank you.

Comment

Personally, I think we should be more open as a society to taking people's word for it when they say they're not a member of one hate group or another. So, I take your word for it Vidis.

I've been calld a hater of one group or another at various times and despite my protests to the contrary people have refused to believe me! And they were totally wrong. I didn't hate the groups they accused me of hating. We're so quick to jump on people because they've said or done something that we decide is the definition of hate. And maybe we're not always right about that.

I've always wished people were more willing to believe me when I told them I didn't hate the group they accused me of hating. So Vidis, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll take you on your word that you don't hate women. Just like I hope people would take me on my word that I don't hate gays - despite the fact that I may like to talk about both sides of the issue of gay marriage.

Comment

I would tell her (b) it closed - but you can tell me - where is this place?

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
                  Charlieboy, the big word you're fishing for is misogynistic, which I am not - just towards a certain type who, as I grew up in Queens, and then Nassau, really made my life terrible hell along with their guido schmucko boyfriends we read about wreaking havoc on our 'hood every weekend.
                  Since alexismckinnon told her sob life story in the "disappointed w/ new rental" thread, I feel justified to weep my teen woes here too. Ya know what Ms. Alex, they beat my a** every day for being different, or gay, so don't even try to go toe-to-toe with me there.

There's someone I know who is a total skinny, flamer, loud mouth queen, epitome of "f*ggot", who actually funny enough I don't talk to anymore because of something like this - where me and friends were embarrassed to be with him. If someone told me they didn't want "his type" around, I would understand. Oddly, he too came from 516.

There's a reason I moved back into the city when I was 17 - to get away from them (when NYC was what it was)!

And just who do you think made Chelsea what it is today?

It think it has a little something to do with them gaythssssss ... tsk, tsk, lisp, lisp
                  I so have to address this issue here:

Look first of all Vidis - Okay, so you win the prize for most supressed, oppressed or whatever-pressed! Okay, happy?

Charles, Charles, Charles, in a lot of ways, I couldn't agree with you more on the no one has the right to keep people out theory. Absolutely.

But for the record (Vidis,) I take exception to your thinking, that the reason Chelsea is what it is today is because of one specific group or another. Chelsea is what it is today, because of MANY groups of people. You do not hold recognition (Group-wise,) to that exclusively. So, please get over yourself.

Secondly, my family has been here since 1962 and, has been involved with this community since then. So, you may want to re-think things.

Thirdly, I want to applaud you for making the move here because you too are a part of this nabe and what it is today. Be happy, be proud, but don't for one minute try to convince me, that Chelsea is Chelsea because of one thing or as you put it (I'm paraphrasing of course...) "YOU!"

Now insofar as the whole "guido schmucko" thing, I agree that no one should be intolerant of others but, unfortunately being taunted comes with being human. I don't blame you for wanting to get away from that. However, I lived in Queens, for 19 years, am part Italian and don't appreciate the "Guido" comment!

From that I take that you are as intolerant, biggoted as the next person. So again, get over yourself.

And finally, as far as whether to acknowledge the "friends'" email or not, or even to address the issue of whom one wants to spend time with, it is a totally subjective matter. Personally and if it were me, I would either email the friend back and just say "you" don't know of anywhere off-hand. Let the friend or others do the research. That doesn't mean by virtue of the fact that someone has asked for something from someone else (a "friend" in this case,) that that becomes "their" obligation to oblige. Again, subjective.

Vidis, and your comment about getting "a set," is totally lude, crude and rude! If you think you can handle going "toe-to-toe" with someone, try it with me. You'll find very quickly, that you are no match!

So there!

(Whew...I feel better now.)

Comment

Now insofar as the whole "guido schmucko" thing, I agree that no one should be intolerant of others but, unfortunately being taunted comes with being human. I don't blame you for wanting to get away from that. However, I lived in Queens, for 19 years, am part Italian and don't appreciate the "Guido" comment!

From that I take that you are as intolerant, biggoted as the next person. So again, get over yourself.

I'm Italian too, so put that in your cap and smoke it!

Comment

You are a nasty little guy aren't you? Did I curse at you? Get a grip and deal with reality. You need a serious reality check.

Don't EVER curse at me again you loser!

I am so over you and your nasty attitude. I was not cursing you out, although you certainly deserved it, and I will not put up with your rudeness.

Who in all of Creation, do you think you are! This is NOT open to your continued rudeness. So don't bother responding. I won't go back and forth with the likes of you and your ignorance!

Comment

I see Vidis, you all of a sudden "Edited" your cursing, to make it appear as if, you hadn't cursed in Italian.

You ain't that slick Rick! I've already seen the original reply so, I guess it's a bit too little a bit too late huh?

Moving on now....

Comment

Your hypersensitivity is banal.

Comment

Big words from such a small, "banal" individual.

Like I said, if you want to keep this going, waste someone else's time!

Comment

OMG! are you calling me "small"?
                              How dare you make fun of my GNC (Ginzo Napolean Complex)?
                              Now that I think of it, it's such a sizist comment that you've made against my 5'6 height and now I should run, and cry out to everyone, shiver me timbers!
                              Ban this member, I do decry!
                              Go shove your fat face with pasta malaka!

Comment

chelseachick69, you rock. Seriously, you do.

He's a judgmental, insecure creep who thinks it's all about him, he thinks he's above everyone else, and he's nasty to anyone who is intelligent or gutsy enough to call him on it. He's not worth getting angry about. He wants this attention and I'm convinced he posts some of this stuff just to stir people up. And Jonathan, I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh, but I've lost all patience. He doesn't contribute anything but diatribe after diatribe about how much he hates the world to this board.

CC69--just put him on 'ignore'. That's what I did, after I posted my last message to him. And the board has been a lot more pleasant for me as a result, since I haven't had to read his rants.

Comment

Working...
                                X