No announcement yet.

I need advice- (Chelsea / Best Friend)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice- (Chelsea / Best Friend)

My best amiga of 20yrs has these super suburban white trash epitome of everyone I can't stand from bridge and tunnel girlfriends from Lawwg Island and they asked her to get me to tell them the name of the place in Chelsea that has unlimited drink brunches and I really DO NOT want them to have any reason to come to our neighborhood.

My friend actually doesn't like them much either, but uses them for girl's nite out in Nassau because she's so bored out there.

Would you just-
    a) ignore your friend's email
    b) tell her to tell them it closed
    c) as your best friend, be honest and say u really don't want them there
    d) something else?

Re: I need advice- (Chelsea / Best Friend)

A or B would be my choice. The residents of Chelsea thank you.

Comment

I agree with Chelc22

A or B

Comment

LOL ~ You guys are making me laugh!
        Thanks ! :-)

Comment

These people sound attrocious. Though they would be good for a laugh (think of the stories at their expense), they should be stopped at the bridge or tunnel and turned back - or shot on site.

So, A.
          www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow, you guys are harsh.

Comment

I knew this horrible, tacky "Long Guyland" girl who would come to The Gym (the gay bar), scream for attention, and then, when asked what she was drinking, replied, "White wine...because I'm classy."

She was a wretched little troll who embarrassed all of us. There were more than a few guys who wanted to shove her into a broom closet.
              www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Vidis, get a life man! Honestly you don't sound like a very good friend to me. What kind of Gestapo attitude do you have "I don't want them here"! Chelsea is a very public place and it's not like you can keep people out. And how is it these girls being in Chelsea could possibly bother you. I remember a time when people used to feel this way about gays!

Imagine if you asked a straight friend where you could go in his town and then later you found he posted a thread where he said he didn't want you there because you were the epitome of what he can't stand about gays! Can you imagine? That would rightly be called homophobic and hateful.

I think you are femaleophobic from what I've read that you've written in other blogs.

I would say find the best places you can think of and then recommend them to your FRIEND. That's what a friendly person would do.

But in your case I would choose C. Tell her to tell them you don't want them here... and let them see you for the angry, hateful and controlling person you really are. Do you think you "own" Chelsea and you can say who is and who isn't allowed to come here!!!?

Comment

Charlieboy, the big word you're fishing for is misogynistic, which I am not - just towards a certain type who, as I grew up in Queens, and then Nassau, really made my life terrible hell along with their guido schmucko boyfriends we read about wreaking havoc on our 'hood every weekend.
                  Since alexismckinnon told her sob life story in the "disappointed w/ new rental" thread, I feel justified to weep my teen woes here too. Ya know what Ms. Alex, they beat my a** every day for being different, or gay, so don't even try to go toe-to-toe with me there.

There's someone I know who is a total skinny, flamer, loud mouth queen, epitome of "f*ggot", who actually funny enough I don't talk to anymore because of something like this - where me and friends were embarrassed to be with him. If someone told me they didn't want "his type" around, I would understand. Oddly, he too came from 516.

There's a reason I moved back into the city when I was 17 - to get away from them (when NYC was what it was)!

And just who do you think made Chelsea what it is today?

It think it has a little something to do with them gaythssssss ... tsk, tsk, lisp, lisp

Comment

Funny enough V I wasn't looking for misogynistic... I purposely used femaleophobic to make a point to you. Look, I don't care for those long island types anymore than you do, that's why I don't choose to live there. But I just found your words to be especially hateful towards them. If we're all going to demand (including me) that people treat "our group" with respect, then it seems we should be willing to give it to groups that we don't particularly like ourselves. I think a good part of the reason most people live in Manhattan is because they don't like to be around massive numbers of long islanders! But do you really think you yourself can keep them out of Chelsea simply by insisting they not come? Or not giving them suggestions on where to go!

Anyway, V, I was basically in agreement with you on this until awhile back when you lashed out at the WOMEN of FIT. That was especially unFITting as most of them are not long island types and they are here working hard to get a degree so they can keep working hard for the rest of their lives. I'm not especially drawn to their bee-bop ways either, but I doubt most people are drawn to my goofy ways or yours. Yet we expect them to treat us with respect and to be tolerant of our differences.

Comment

Charlito, no way am I "femalephobic",... From the 5 closest friends that I have (you know the kind you can tell a n y t h i n g to), 3 of them are female, and of all different races, types, and sizes. They are precious to me and I adore them - ok, I could do w/o their graphic monthly stories of their "Aunt Flo", but we spit back and forth like that, and that's just the way we roll.
                      Trust, I LUV me some women, just a different way than you
                      <fist bump/pound>

Comment

Well said, Charles B. I agree with you on every point, particularly your recalling Vidis' attack on the FIT females. Very telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
                          Since alexismckinnon told her sob life story in the "disappointed w/ new rental" thread, I feel justified to weep my teen woes here too. Ya know what Ms. Alex, they beat my a** every day for being different, or gay, so don't even try to go toe-to-toe with me there.
                          Wow, I'm not even in this thread, and you still felt the need to call me out? Interesting. I don't recall ever "weeping my teen woes" in that thread, and if you really think that identifying myself as an abuse survivor counts as a "sob story" -- that says a lot about who you are as a person. I didn't say it to get sympathy, I said it in the hopes you'd understand why it was wrong to joke about assaulting others. Whatever.

Anyway, I'm agreeing with Charles and JoJe here. You have major issues with women. You have female friends? That's nice. A lot of racist people say they have black friends, too. You're a misogynist, you never have a nice word to say about anything, and the type of people you like to constantly pick on are probably more like you than you think.

Comment

Grow a set love.

Comment

Originally posted by alexismckinnon;

Anyway, I'm agreeing with Charles and JoJe here. You have major issues with women. You have female friends? That's nice. A lot of racist people say they have black friends, too. You're a misogynist, you never have a nice word to say about anything, and the type of people you like to constantly pick on are probably more like you than you think.
                              ...exactly right, alexis, the type of people Vidis picks on, by his description of them, are very much like him. I thought that too. Sounds like a case of "self loathing". I'm sorry for anyone who has had a tough time growing up -- truly I am and I'm in awe of those people who have had the strength to rise above their past and the will to do it -- it's a wonder to me sometimes that they are able to and I respect them so much for doing so. Vidis is not only a misogynist but he himself, in a past posting, corrected someone who called him that by saying that he is more accurately a misanthrope. That's probably true. We do know that he loves his cat. It's true that cats and dogs give unconditional love and acceptance. People can hurt you. Sounds like Vidis requires a lot of attention and can't shake the hurt from the past. He has major issues and sounds angry. He probably is a very nice guy deep down -- just needs some help/guidance.

Comment

Working...
                              X