Stabucks Man (19th/8th)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabucks Man (19th/8th)

Has anybody ever noticed the guy that is ALWAYS either inside Starbucks at the same exact table/chair and then leaves his coffee there while he stands outside smoking, and goes back in and repeats for hours?
    He's very pouty and the smoke kills me as he blows it in people's faces as they pass. They must love him at that branch.
    Here's a pic of him...since I didn't want to offend him, I didn't put the pic of his face.

Re: Stabucks Man (19th/8th)

Ha! yeah, we notice him. Every day. Without fail.

maybe he runs the place??

Comment

Originally posted by girlfriday View Post
      Ha! yeah, we notice him. Every day. Without fail.

maybe he runs the place??
      LOLOLOLOL Highly doubtful... the guy lives across the way in the halfway house kinda place down 8th Ave more...
      he's really rather harmless.. i just wish he would smile once in a while.. AND OF COURSE... QUIT SMOKING CIGARETTES!!!

Comment

Ha! That's funny. He should meet that woman on W 30th street who walks back and forth up and down the street all day - who I posted a photograph of - from behind too!

Comment

I also see him without fail every single day. In the last couple of weeks I have ocassionaly noticed people sitting with him and talking to him. They are probably so overcome with curiosity that they can't resist asking him why he spends almost all of his waking hours either at that second table in the window or just outside smoking. He buys a vento house coffee and it takes him hours to drink it.

Has anybody here ever spoken to him???

Comment

Last he was there (of course) and I noticed that he took his coffee cup up to the counter for a refill (he's an environmentalist?) and he did pay - so it's not some sort of bizarre promo He actually smiled at the cashier and they seemed to have had some sort of friendly interaction. Then he goes outside for a smoke, saving his space by leaving his jacket on the chair and cup on the table. What is it about that 2nd table?
            He's harmless, but ever so mysterious.
            Inquiring minds wanna know!

Comment

That is so interesting. here i thought my wife and i were the only ones that noticed him. Totally bizarre! I hope he's gotten a few free coffees by now. I have been meaning to ask one of the employees about him. too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
                Has anybody ever noticed the guy that is ALWAYS either inside Starbucks at the same exact table/chair and then leaves his coffee there while he stands outside smoking, and goes back in and repeats for hours?
                He's very pouty and the smoke kills me as he blows it in people's faces as they pass. They must love him at that branch.
                Here's a pic of him...since I didn't want to offend him, I didn't put the pic of his face.

DUDE, this guy has ben doing it for atleast 1 1/2 years. I live in the black gates that r 30 feet away, so when i turn the corner to head up eight the first thing I see is this big gut hanging out, and I know its starbucks man smoking. all concerns of a threat passed awhile ago. Now I ask myself, "How the hell can someone sit there all day and look out the window." He must be really disiplined because if I took a sip of coffee--i despise the bean and its derivitives--I would be off to the races. My rational is he's retired and thats what he wants to do. However there is a thought of him maybe being terminally ill.

P.S. he's pretty big.

Comment

You say he lives in a half way house. Perhaps he is mentally ill and lives on disability and going to Starbucks gets him out of the half way house and is his only pleasure in life...along with his cigs.

Isn't it interesting that one person can create such curiosity!

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdjd View Post
                    You say he lives in a half way house. Perhaps he is mentally ill and lives on disability and going to Starbucks gets him out of the half way house and is his only pleasure in life...along with his cigs.

Isn't it interesting that one person can create such curiosity!

It is. Ever seen the movie...the Burbs?

Bye the way curiosity is different. Curiosity is when someone is intrigued by something that causes him or her to seek more information. Precautions originate when disturbing, radical and abnormal behavior takes place! Curiosity is when I want to know what the person I see every morning in Starbucks does for a living; precaution is when I want to know why a person has spent the past several years smoking cigs and hanging out at Starbucks all day and night, seven day a week.

When you speak of people you must be reminded that there are many types of people. So, if you are not the type of person who is cautious you must not criticize those who are. For the people who make sure you can express your opinion--e.g. the police--are the people you are criticizing.

Thanks for playin!

Last edited by byonik; 10-10-2008, 08:13 PM. Reason: not nice

Comment

Working...
                    X