Lost my cat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my cat

Wed evening...we're on 19th between 8th and 9th...we think he got out through the front window since we didn't realize until too late that the side of the screen was loose. Front window goes to the fire escape so...we're on the 2nd floor so if he jumped or fell i would think there'd be some commotion since we missed him at a time when many people are coming home from work. We searched the entire building, the roof, etc.

I put up many lost notices on Eighth Ave and on 19th St and notified all the vets in the area.

He's a black and grey tiger, kinda small and sleek, some white spots on his left side, big beautiful blue eyes.

Needless to say, if there've been any sightings, please let me know asap.

ETA: thanks, I wasn't sure if it was ok to post photos or not. This isn't the same one that's on the flyer, but that one's not scanned.

Re: Lost my cat

Hi GirlFriday - I really hope you find your cat! I put your message on the home page so more people will see it. By the way, if you have a picture of your cat, you can post it here and it might help someone identify it.

Comment

Girl Friday. So sorry for what you are going through. I really hope you find him very soon. I'll keep and eye and an ear out for you.

Comment

So sorry to hear your cat went missing. You might want to knock on all your buildings doors. Someone might have taken him in off the fire escape in your building. Also try all the local petshops in the area. If I can think of anything else I'll post it. Cats are very resilient creatures, I'm sure he/she is okay just enjoying a vacation.

Comment

Ohhhh, Girlfriday, so sorry to hear this news. My place is on 19th between
          8th & 9th too, so maybe I will spot him. Will surely keep my eyes out for him. He's adorable! If you need help putting up posters, let me know!
          Good luck!
          xo
          v

Comment

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Unfortunately it's been nearly a week with no word. I've been to shelters all over the city and that's just so depressing. I've registered a lost pet everywhere, online and in person.

I guess I just have to wait and let fate take over. the nice people at CACC recommended that I visit every few days, but god, that's so hard. All those poor animals that need homes and love. It's so difficult to take.

And yeah vidis, he's a cutie pie. total affection slut and the loudest purrer ever. I have two others, one is definitely missing her buddy and one who's so old and blind I doubt he knows WHAT'S going on....

Comment

Girlfriday,
              Since I imported my furry feline friend from Athens, Greece, I feel your loss (actually I can't begin to imagine), and want you to know if I can do anything for you, please let me know. Keep your hopes up! There have been many success stories, heck, look at the Molly ! Have you posted messages in Pet Shops? Let us know what you've done, so we can maybe come up with other possible ways. If you want, I could visit CACC to look out for you. Did you have a microchip or anything else distinguishing on file? If this happened to me, I really don't know what I'd do. I really feel for you.
              My friend who lives in a 9th Avenue top floor flat with a Sun roof, has his cat in and out all the time...and he is ok every day. So there's hope!
              Truly,
              Vidis

Comment

Hey Girlfriday - I'm just letting you know that I've moved your lost-cat blog to the 19th - 20th Street area - since that's closest to where your cat got lost. That should be the most likely place where somebody who may have seen your cat - would see this notice. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                X