Dog Poo Alert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Poo Alert

There's a guy who lets his two little dogs run wild on without a leash, and a few times I've mentioned to him they should be leashed because it's the law. Today I told him again, and in his best Jim Carrey smirk impression, said "I know" and giggled flippantly.

Just thought Chelsea would like to know who's behind a lot of the dog poo you're stepping in - as you can clearly see one is doing its thing on the sidewalk as the owner's yards ahead ignoring it -

Re: Dog Poo Alert

THis inconsiderate F!@k needs to be fined !
    This is why I dread having to live with dog owners.

Comment

......that's disgusting and totally inconsiderate. Would calling 911 as soon as you see an unleased dog get a cop to get the guy. Even if they couldn't prove whose dog did it, they could get the person for a fine?

Comment

I believe that a police officer would actually have to witness the dog owner committing the violation to issue a summons. I also believe that Sanitation Supervisors can issue these summons as well.

Comment

Originally posted by catalyst View Post
          I believe that a police officer would actually have to witness the dog owner committing the violation to issue a summons. I also believe that Sanitation Supervisors can issue these summons as well.
          ....my point was that, yes, even if 911 was called immediately, the police officer would actually have to witness the dog committing the violation to issue a summons but at the very least he could see that the owner was walking the dog w/o a leash. I wondered if he could get him on that.

Comment

Actually, I'd rather leave the 911 system for emergencies. As stupid (and dangerous to the dog) as such behaviour may be, it doesn't rise to the level of "emergency."

Comment

actually, I intended that as a question. I wasn't sure of that either. Who else can someone call for immediate action when they see a person with an unleased dog?

Comment

In the co=op the security here can issues fines for unleashed dogs but elsewhere would be different

Comment

Originally posted by momjo View Post
                  In the co=op the security here can issues fines for unleashed dogs but elsewhere would be different
                  LOL.....yes -- it would be nice if they were paroling the grounds. Anytime I've seen anything that should be reported, I would have to call the security office from my cell and by the time they responded to the call and/or to the action, it was too late. So much for that solution.

Who would one call outside of the Penn South area so that an owner walking their dog w/o a leash could be issued a fine on the spot?

Comment

Who would one call outside of the Penn South area so that an owner walking their dog w/o a leash could be issued a fine on the spot?

NYPD, DSNY Enforcement, Parks Enforcement. Oh yeah: good luck.

Comment

Actually, Penn South security does issue tickets. $100 for off the leash, and $100 on the lawns. Unfortunately security has to see the violation themselves.

Comment

There is something you should know: the doorman at The View Bar (232 Eighth Ave.) assaulted a patron outside the bar on Friday evening. The patron was leaving with a beer, the doorman, a gay man who is tall, muscular man with salt-and-pepper goatee, grabbed for the bottle, no problem, but then knocked the patron to the ground and kicked him three times, as if it were The Holy Grail. The victim sustained a gash to the forehead plus a sprained ankle and injuries to his side. The Anti-Violence Project has been consulted and will pursue the case further as soon as possible. The police were called but were, of course, in such gay/lesbian cases, useless. This needs to be known within the gay/lesbian community: The View Bar is potentially dangerous to their clientele. We will be pursuing legal action against them in every way possible. I believe it you should know the hazards of The View Bar and what people might reasonably expect when frequenting it. There are many drug dealers and male prostitutes in this place. I saw three men, including one of the bartenders, snorting something in the bathroom. I suspect the doorman who beat the patron was also high on drugs, too. This place is UNSAFE.

Comment

Working...
                        X