This girl lets her dog jump on people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This girl lets her dog jump on people

Dogs are not allowed in penn south playgrounds and thats the rule there. Having that dog loose is even worse. You should havecalled security right away although sometimes they never show- been there- done that--

Comment

i did, they didnt do anything. seems the seniors have more rights than the younger people

Comment

Be careful young lady, Karma might might put you on her list.

But we get it--you're a concerned (new?) Mom.
        Relax!!

Things are going to get a lot more difficult in the city because of the econ and you will need your strength for real problems.

Comment

The gal has this kind of cool look to her. Maybe her dog will jump on me and we can chat... PS: I just re-read the original post and it is just as funny as the first time I read it.
          Last edited by Surfowl; 03-11-2009, 03:10 PM. Reason: more insight

Comment

Originally posted by Surfowl View Post
            The gal has this kind of cool look to her. Maybe her dog will jump on me and we can chat...
            Bow wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
              Bow wow.
              That would be a great ending to this thread. Don't you think?

Comment

Let's preface this with a little joke... I like dogs, but can't imagine how someone with a city apartment can live with one... what's the Little Britain USA skit say... "if you'd like your home, your clothes and all your personal effects to smell of dog, why not get a dog?"

Taking a photo and posting it online is the Internet age version of public shaming and I am all for it. It's legal as long as there is no libel, i.e., the events described are true.

Also, if you go to someone's house with a dog and you get jumped on, that's that's one thing, you voluntarily put yourself in that situation where an owner can't be bothered to train their animal. On a public sidewalk for an owner to let a dog jump up on someone is irresponsible and downright rude. Is she paying the dry cleaning bills? What if he was on his way to an interview in a suit? What if he had a bad back or was elderly and got knocked down and hurt? To just say "you didn't get hurt, so get over it" is the hallmark of the self-absorbed. I'm sure a simple "I'm sorry" would have ended it there.

Not all, but many dog owners accept no responsibility for their animal's behavior, thinking of them almost like a child, therein lies the root of the problem, they do not have the same mental processes as humans and the jumping up thing is a dominance behavior, not playing or affection. Some owners think it's "cute" and harmless, but allowing behaviors like this leads to worse in most cases, similar to how separation anxiety barking always gets worse (you know the neighbor with the dog that barks at the front door for hours on end), jumping and unsociable behaviors. I give kudos to dog owners who understand their responsibility and actively work to train their dogs and behave responsibly. But there are always the "oh, my little baby" crowd who do no training and leave us with urine and feces all over the sidewalks, hours on end barking, biting, jumping up, etc.

Comment

I would love to have a dog but it will have to carry it's own supplies up four flights or the deal is off.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy my virtual pets thank you very much.

Wooff!

Meow?

http://www.foopets.com/

Comment

Bow wow wowza

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
                      leave us with urine and feces all over the sidewalks,
                      But the little bits of turd and urine are so CUTE! And they are so much cheaper than having to adopt one (http://www.petturds.com/). Just scrape one off the sidewalk, take it home; fun for you and the kiddies!

We really do need to be careful about the turdaphobic and peeophobic comments here. Diversity is our greatest strength.

Comment

If you want a friend in New York, get a dog.

"Things are going to get a lot more difficult in the city because of the econ and you will need your strength for real problems."

Truest thing on this thread.

Comment

RE: "Truest thing on this thread."

Perhaps, but I have to nominate AEG's "We really do need to be careful about the turdaphobic and peeophobic comments here. Diversity is our greatest strength."

Comment

3/17/09
                            Here's a question asked on an application for Home Owners insurance: Do you have any of the following breeds of dogs: Chow, Doberman, German Shepherd, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Wolf Hybrid, or a mix of these? It seems, therefore, that the answer to this question is included in the formula to arrive at the insurance (higher) premium. Not only the premium for the dog owner, but also for everyone else who do not have a dog and live in the same building. We all pay more as the potential for hazard goes up. Dog owners should pay a few cents more in their monthly maintenance. This extra income to Penn South (or other apartments buildings) can then be distributed to non dog owners as a credit against monthly maintenance. This seems fair because ALL Penn South cooperators, now, must carry Home Owners insurance.

Comment

Working...
                            X