What time can construction begin ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time can construction begin ?

Anybody been hearing the construction early in the morning that seems to be coming from within the backyards of either 18th or 19th Streets (between 8th & 9th)?

I noticed it first a couple of weeks ago and thought it would just be a couple of days, but this morning their banging and sawing woke me up at 7AM.

Re: What time can construction begin ?

Hey Vidis,

"City law limits construction work to between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekdays, unless contractors get a special "variance" from the DOB. Those variances are only supposed to be issued under certain circumstances, including emergency conditions and concerns for public safety."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06222008...roo_116693.htm

Comment

Ugh, wow, I can't believe 7AM is the legal time.
      Thanks Southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
        construction early in the morning
        I am on 30th and 9th and for at least a few nights there has been jackhammering going on past 1:30 in the morning. It's going on now as I type this. However, having had some experience filing a complaint in these matters, I would have to go outside and find where the work is being done before my complaint would be accepted. To simply say where I live and have them lookup where construction is ocurring is not possible -- that's too sophisticated for the city :-(

Unfortunately, I just can't tell without walking around the area where it's coming from. It's bouncing off the "canyons" near me...could be 2 or 3 blocks away, an avenue away, or more. At some point, I will go on an excursion...

Comment

Working...
        X