Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TREE KILLED

Originally posted by WaJa View Post
    Who or what killed the tall and mature honey locust tree on 8th Avenue between 19th and 20th Streets? It was in front of the American Apparel store. The mess is still there, and this is days and days after death!

Arboricide is a crime in NYC. Did anyone see anything? Has anyone called 311 about this?

If the tree was diseased, then a new one can be requested right away. But that is done by pros, not vigilante tree killers.

Otherwise it may have been carried out by the store to increase their visibility? Hope not.

Who knows?

When i actually thought about it i said to myself "they cut it down because it was blocking the American Apparel Sign." I live around the corner and hence have noticed the cut up pieces still laying there--it has to have been 3 weeks. Speaking of AP, it's only a matter of time before they move out, unless the rent is decresed. That space was once home to a fortune teller, or gypsie, who was told to leave. So, there's a legend for you guys: its cursed. And they cut down the tree! There time will come just like Jennifer Convertibles,

Comment

The tree was cut down because it died. Until this year it was a blooming tree but this spring it never did. It was cut down for this reason only. Not vigilante tree killers. A request to 311 to replace it has already been put in. Perhaps if more people call the process of one being replanted will speed up. The city came and chopped it down, left the mess too long but did clean it up eventually. I have lived on this block for nearly three decades and the current management of the building cares very much about the neighborhood and it's green spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaG View Post
        The tree was cut down because it died. Until this year it was a blooming tree but this spring it never did. It was cut down for this reason only. Not vigilante tree killers. A request to 311 to replace it has already been put in. Perhaps if more people call the process of one being replanted will speed up. The city came and chopped it down, left the mess too long but did clean it up eventually. I have lived on this block for nearly three decades and the current management of the building cares very much about the neighborhood and it's green spaces.
        "Current management cares for the property," is true. They care for the property they manage to increase property value.
        Last edited by byonik; 10-10-2008, 08:48 PM. Reason: he he

Comment

Working...
        X