Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations for a full service cleaners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendations for a full service cleaners?

After many years of going to the same local full service cleaners (no names mentioned, so I don't come off as trying to sabotage a mama/papa shop to anyone here because I do like the owners), the last few months have been a disaster with me missing a few items, or having a few extras (like a bra or panties).

Whenever I said something, their answer was "Oh, don't worry, this time it's very clean" - as if the last times were washed with dirty dish water.

The last six times in a row I had to talk myself out of searching for another place because I do like the people that work there, but tonight just was the worst.

Worked a long day, and when I got there 8:30pm (supposed to be ready at 7pm), they had no idea where my bag was. I found it shoved in a dusty corner on the floor half stuffed, and then they couldn't locate the rest, until I pointed them out on the folding table still crumpled in a pile. They tried to blame me and say I had so many clothes it needed two dryers, and I said every week's a problem, if you can't handle my load I will have to go elsewhere.

They said it would take 5 mins to finish folding, so I went outside and gave them 10 mins. When I went back in, my bag was on the shelf and I asked them why they didn't call me like the last few times this happened, they said "sorry" - whatever -

So it's $27 and I give them two 20's, and the change I get was $3 - do the math. When I tell them they're missing 10 bucks they say "sorry" again, and this time it's me that's sorry because I didn't want to change places, but how many times can you give a second, third, fourth,... fifteenth chance?

Any recommendations?
    Thanks!

Re: Any recommendations for a full service cleaners?

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
    After many years of going to the same local full service cleaners (no names mentioned, so I don't come off as trying to sabotage a mama/papa shop to anyone here because I do like the owners), the last few months have been a disaster with me missing a few items, or having a few extras (like a bra or panties).

Whenever I said something, their answer was "Oh, don't worry, this time it's very clean" - as if the last times were washed with dirty dish water.

The last six times in a row I had to talk myself out of searching for another place because I do like the people that work there, but tonight just was the worst.

Worked a long day, and when I got there 8:30pm (supposed to be ready at 7pm), they had no idea where my bag was. I found it shoved in a dusty corner on the floor half stuffed, and then they couldn't locate the rest, until I pointed them out on the folding table still crumpled in a pile. They tried to blame me and say I had so many clothes it needed two dryers, and I said every week's a problem, if you can't handle my load I will have to go elsewhere.

They said it would take 5 mins to finish folding, so I went outside and gave them 10 mins. When I went back in, my bag was on the shelf and I asked them why they didn't call me like the last few times this happened, they said "sorry" - whatever -

So it's $27 and I give them two 20's, and the change I get was $3 - do the math. When I tell them they're missing 10 bucks they say "sorry" again, and this time it's me that's sorry because I didn't want to change places, but how many times can you give a second, third, fourth,... fifteenth chance?

Any recommendations?
    Thanks!
    Yes. Do your own laundry.
    www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
        Thanks, why didn't I think of that?
        Dress shirts and dry cleaning -- I do send them out. But 99% of the time, I do my own polo shirts, tshirts, jeans, etc. The cost of outsourcing regular laundry is at least 100% more than doing it yourself. And, as you have noted, the quality can be very spotty.

Comment

If I start doing my own laundry that will take away from my CYB time
          Oh, btw, my sox weren't rolled and I found a white Donald Trump button down that isn't mine if anyone's looking for it...

Comment

Working...
          X