Feedback on DSL Services - Afraid of more meltdowns w/ Verizon DSL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feedback on DSL Services - Afraid of more meltdowns w/ Verizon DSL

The suit also claims Verizon doesn't deliver on its promises of high-speed Internet access without interruptions, other than those required for scheduled maintenance. Verizon users have experienced delays in accessing the 'Net and in obtaining technical service, the suit says.

First, I would like to admit to you all that although (to a greater degree than not), I don't have any REAL problems with Verizon DSL parse, I do find that logging on every day is a bit of a slower process than was expected with this type of service.

"This is a new industry that has sophisticated technology and is seeing incredible growth and incredible stress," he says. "Our DSL customer base grew more than 600% last year. All the major providers are seeing some problems."

I'm thinking here, that Verizon just like every other giant monopoly (kind of an oxymoron dontchya think?) was more interested in raking in the $$$$$$ beforehand; rather than testing and retesting its systems and operations in a "test market" structure, to assure it's customers quality service in an otherwise new and unknown "galaxy" that at that time was....DSL! (Just curious, what is the difference between Broadband and DSL? Please clarify. I'm confused about the differentials there. Thanks.)

"If you look at the number of complaints this year, they're probably down over last year," Guglielmo says.

Okay, this one just cracks me up! What I interpret them saying here is, "Gee you guys...at least WE have improved...don't pick on us okay?" Waaaaaaaa, waaaa, waaaa.

Oh please. From my estimation, not a whole lot has changed. Except in my particular case, I started with Verizon DSL in 2004, one year after I purchased my new computer. (Now, my "old" computer. LOL)

I will say that in my opinion, there are just as many "severe" problems with RCN's cable modem access as is witnessed by me, when my dad calls me every other day or so to troubleshoot one problem with his DSL/cable modem service, or another. So, there you have it. Proof-positive that Cable TV companies should "test" it out first before reeling in the "suckers." Okay, I said it. I think the consumer is being suckered big time. I for one don't like it. That's why, I do what I do when I have to call "Tech Support" for anything. (See one of my previous posts for details)

I have noticed however, there are WAY less of those annoying James Earl Jones ads than used to be every other commercial break. So, see...things have improved. Just kidding.

Comment

Also, I forgot to thank FrankM for posting the info on this lawsuit from days gone by. What a great way for me to vent along with my first cup of coffee. I feel like I've had a total workout. Whew!

Have a great weekend Frank...

Comment

Another argument against DSL is that it's significantly and noticeably slower than cable.

Comment

"Posilutely and absotively," as the say....Although, I've never had anything other than DSL to compare it to. So, I can only go by what I've heard from others.

Comment

Working...
          X