Covenant House

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covenant House

Has anyone heard the rumor that the Covenant House has been sold, to be turned into condominiums? A friend in the neighborhood who is in real estate said that he had read that a sale had occurred, but I've seen or heard nothing else about it. They've been doing a little work on their (ugly) facade lately, but I doubt this has anything to do with the sale.

If anyone knows the scoop, please post!

Re: Covenant House

sooner or later it had to happen. i haven't heard anything but as a resident of 17th street i am very concerned. i'll ask around!
    where did your friend read about it?
    how many times can you ruin a facade??? they just keep coming up with new ways.

Comment

Yes, I agree, and they keep futzing around with that hideous faux fassade. How about the lack of streetlight right alongside of it, too? Can be scary at times and kids hide in that little alcove to smoke and smooch, which is fine by me as long as that's what they do.

Comment

It's yet another boutique hotel owned by the same owners as Amelia in Mid-town, who also own Aspen in chelsea/flatiron. Seems a little stupid to challenge the Maritime, especially with all of their outdoor venues, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
        X