video blitz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video blitz

ok - obviously i am new here and this was probably all discussed but why oh why did video blitz close!? i loved that place! i hate blockbuster and i hate netflix. anyplace else to go for a dvd? did video blitz move somewhere?

Re: video blitz

Its still there, they just opened up the front part to a shoe repair place, but the video store is still in the back. Much better than the blockbusters that recently opened. It may look seedy on the outside, but they always have everything in stock!

Comment

There is also a video rental place on 9th Ave. near 23 st (west side of ave.) that has been there for years & years, so they must be doing something right.

Punkster,
      Just curious but what's the problem with Netfix? Yours is the first gripe I've heard.

CD
      Need computer assistance?
      See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

I hate anything that makes me rely on the us postal service for happiness.
        plus it's too expensive (i don't watch enough movies to make it pay off)
        and, when i'm in the mood for a movie i could just walk up the street to video blitz and get it. easy!
        video blitz was on the corner of 17th and 8th. They were in the storefront until the laundry mat moved in, then they moved into the 2nd floor of same bldg. i think the video store mentioned in the reply to my original post is video world or something. i will have to try them.
        i am just waiting for video on demand to take over from netflix - that's the way to go...

Comment

The store CD mentioned on 23rd and 9th is called Alan's Alley....and they are doing something right. They're the all time BEST DVD/video place around! (In my humble opinion) They have everything, new releases to obscure foreign docs, and super knowledgable laid back staff... Worth the walk.

Comment

And they (Alan's Alley- 212-645-0999) deliver! I've used them for years- they're great!

Comment

Working...
            X