Pine Tree Deli & Eighteenth & Eighth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine Tree Deli & Eighteenth & Eighth

Does anybody know what will become of the two vacant sites on 18th & 8th? Someone told me a McDonald's - say it ain't true!

Re: Pine Tree Deli & Eighteenth & Eighth

Unfortunately, I heard the same rumor. It does seem to be a prime location for McDonald's since you have two schools within a couple of blocks.

Comment

Oh yeah, those high schools need to be relocated already

Comment

Re: No good delis

There really is no good 24/7 deli on 8th Ave in the teens.

Comment

The deli on 22nd and 8th is 24/7 and very clean.

Comment

Yeah, but they are not in the teens It was the best when we had two delis on 8th Ave. @ 18 & 19th streets.

Comment

Really. RIP Shim's and Pine Tree.

I feel for the tenants above Pine Tree. place looks like it hasn't even been cleaned out. Can you imagine the vermin/insect population in there?

Comment

A friend of mine manages the rocking horse. from what she says, it is true that mcdonald's is moving in to the pine tree space. it will occupy the first and second floors, and they will be paying 40k per month. Yikes!!!

Comment

OH my goodness. I did notice that it looks like it's been cleaned inside.

Now, I wonder what's going into the large Details space.

Comment

Details closed?

Comment

Don't know if Details is closed YET, but yesterday (fri) there was a big 50-75% off 'going out of biz' sale. And this was late afternoon and by the looks of it, it looked like there wouldn't be much merch left by the end of the day.

Now, I wasn't a big fan of a place that sells $40 shower curtains, but still...certain stretches of Eighth Ave are getting a little frightening with all the closed stores.

Comment

i have updated news: rumor has it that mcdonald's passed on the deal. don't know much else; keep you posted on any gossip. i think a mcdonalds is a bad idea for the hood.

Comment

Thank goodness!! I was dreading the sight of Mcdonalds in the neighborhood! I took advantage of the closing sale at Details, while worrying what would be moving in. Any further details on the closing???

Comment

Least we forget the irresistable aroma/odor of all the frying from under the Golden Arches.

Now that's a way to 'improve' a neighborhood. & think of all theose high paying jobs.

CD
                            Need computer assistance?
                            See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

The deli on 8th btwn 17 and 18 street is also good, just not during school hours when all the kids own chelsea delis.

Comment

Working...
                              X