School trash on 18th street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School trash on 18th street

Has anyone else found that the trash from the school with the entrance on 17th street seems to put trash out whenever they want? I'm thinking it has to be a health code violation or something with everything dripping and spilling all over the sidewalk on whatever day of the week, it's disgusting and there are rats! Also, shouldn't there be some sort of receptacle? I think black bags are mandatory for curb pick-up, but they aren't always taken out in those. I think I might call 311 again. Any ideas neighbors?

Re: School trash on 18th street

There are two schools on West 17th st, between 8th and 9th avenue. I am assuming that you are talking about one of these schools.

Which school are you talking about?

One school is a small non-public school who answers to the NY State Education Department, but receives City funding.

The other school is a regular public school run by the NY City Department of Education.

I would call the principal of the school directly, and inform him or her about the issue. The principal may not even be aware of the issue, as they have a lot on their plate.

This may get it taken care of right away.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll do that. It's the public school with the gated courtyard and basketball courts. I'll have to go around the corner to check for sure. I'll le tyou know how it turns out!

Comment

this problem has been going on for decades.

its so discusting

Comment

Working...
        X