Another laundromat gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another laundromat gone

I was quite surprised when I passed by my regular laudromat tonight and found out they had closed. This is the one on the east side of 9th avenue between 19th and 20th street. When I was there about a week and a half ago, everything seemed normal. Tonight there was a sign saying they lost their lease. I didn't see this one coming at all.

I see there's another laudromat right across the street, on the west side of
    9th avenue. Has anyone used that, and can you give a rating? How about the one on the east side of 8th avenue between 18th and 19th streets? And does anyone know if these are in danger of going out of business?

Re: Another laundromat gone

And now I've just discovered that what I thought was another laudromat on
    9th avenue, across the street from the one that just closed, is actually not a self service laundry. So for laudromats close by, that leaves only the one on
    8th avenue. (Sigh...). I guess that's where I'm going now.

Comment

There's one on the north-east corner of 22nd and 9th that I believe is both drop-off and self-serve.

Comment

Use Quick Coin II on 8th between 18th and 19th! They are very sweep, great with laundry and specific directions, hemming, dry cleaning, alterations, etc. They also pick up and deliver for free and it isn't terribly expensive to do laundry there yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X