Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noisy ventilators from port authority building...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy ventilators from port authority building...

Hi!

First of all--thanks for organizing this site. Great idea!

Wondering if anyone else is frustrated by how noisy the ventilation system is at the huge building which stetches from 8th to 9th, from 15th to 16th (i think its owned by the Port Authority, and also has St Vincents wing).

They run 24-7 and i've really never heard anything so loud... anyone know where to go to ask them to put some noise dampeners on there?

Thanks!

Re: Noisy ventilators from port authority building...

I had a similar problem when I lived on East side - a/c units behind stores had no accoustical barriers and was keeping everyone in back of building apts awake. You make want to call the DEP and have them come out - they will take a noise debicil test and if it is over a certain level they will issue summons until the levels are brought within their guidelines. It may take a lot of time and persistance but it may be worth a try

Comment

thanks! i'll give DEP a try.

Comment

I moved in last year in March from the Netherlands and I love this neighborhood already. Since I don't know that many people here yet I would like to get to know my neighbors and I was wondering if there have been block parties on 15th Street between 8th and 9th avenues before and if anyone else would like to have one. It would be nice to be connected.
        We provide fast success in 100-101 exam by using our high quality wikipedia

Comment

I don't know if this is the best place to post your request. You might open a new blog on here under "General Interest" and give it a subject more like what you want and see how people respond. As for block parties, I'm not sure but you might check with the 10th Pct. on 20th Street betw. 8th & 9th Avenues. I think they might know what to do about this.

Comment

check if you have a block association- i think you might

Comment

Working...
            X