Screaming Kids Village Chelsea Preschool W14ST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Screaming Kids Village Chelsea Preschool W14ST

Thank you, I couldnt have said it better myself.
    I am finding I have to call the school almost everyday, my next attempt will be to get the directors email address and forward her some of the reactions to my problem from other residents on this community site. She is never available to come to the phone when I call.

Comment

How friggin' ARROGANT of that director to NEVER take your calls. That is so infuriating. I'm steaming here just reading that! Do they forget that they are here to serve the public. Yes, their main job is to serve the public by running a school, but if that school is becoming a menace to the neighborhood, how dare an administrator not take a call from a member of the effected neighborhood - that is a complete outrage.

You know what you should do? You should post the name of this person here... along with their phone number and email address. And then send them a link to this blog. It's amazing how sometimes a little public exposure can remind a public servant what their job is all about.

Comment

Well I must admit I got on this block by mistake thinking that it was my block but I have info that may help. Firstly sorry you have to hear the noise I used to have a school playground outside my window and it is tough during the day. I also admit that my child attended one of those schools a few years ago and so I sympathize with the need for kids to play. But I write to give you good news which is that both of the preschools in that building have lost their leases and are in the process of moving. Though this will not happen overnight, they like many other long term Chelsea residents and businesses are moving out to make room for the expanding "Meat Market" real estate frenzie. So the good news is that you will not have to hear the screams of children at play much longer. However I suggest you try to follow the plans for the future use of that space and stay active with your community board as you may end up with something worse like a Night Club or a large construction project. Good Luck and stay involved.

Comment

Hey Look Scott - and welcome to the site - whether you found it by accident or not! Anyway, thanks for that information. I'm sure if ladyp sees it she'll be very happy. Nice of you to post it.

Comment

I just found this site today, months after the last posting and I don't know if anyone's reading this, but wow, I'm so happy and heartened to know that I'm not alone in my disdain for the constant, blood-curdling screams that continuously go on.

Today, in frustration, I went on google to try and find if anyone out there is having the same problem. I'm a former Chelsea resident, but am in the west Village... hope no one minds. I lived in Chelsea for many years if that helps.

Anyway, after all the years I've endured working at home and living across the street from a private elementary school, I have inwardly seethed at the stupidity of teachers who stand and do nothing (I can see from my window)while their charges run amok. I haven't complained because I never knew if I was just being too uncomprimising and testy (and I'm embarrassed to admit I often lose my nerve). It does die down for a spell, which is usually when I lose heart about complaining to the school.

However, when my concentration is eventually distracted by the continual, hair-raising screaming, it dawns on me that other than at sports arenas and rock concerts or rallies, I can't think of any place that's ANYONE would accept children run around screaming long and loud at the top of their lungs.

1. Teachers don't allow children to scream inside the classroom.
            2. If teachers take children on field trips they don't allow them to scream wantanly on the street, on the bus, anywhere
            3. Parents don't allow their children to scream like this at home.
            4. Parents don't allow their children to walk with them on the street screaming continuously - long and loud.

Then WHY do teachers deem it acceptable to do this in a residential neighorhood?

Now that I see I'm not the only one who's finds this a problem, I may just get up the nerve to complain.

Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
            X