Hi everyone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi everyone!

My girlfriend sent me an article about Western Beef. They are moving from that location, but are determined to stay in the neighborhood. I hope so, because without them my food bills skyrocket. And, without them, I have absolutely no reason to go anywhere on 14th between Ninth and Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by wbfnyc
      And speaking of missing fruit, I was at the Associated on 14th trying to get limes and lemons and lo and behold they didn't have them, ...
      That's odd. Did you look right in the front, across from the apples & grapes? I always see tons of lemons & limes there.

Comment

for those who like organic milk-- Balducci's has the best price in the neighborhood --organic valley 1/2 gallon: $3.39..the EXACT same item at the downscale Asscoiated supermarket: $4.99, cha cing! A handful of their frozen foods are cheaper than some stores too: eg. Amys mac & cheese,
        and frozen mash potatoes (i can't remember the brand but they're v. good -excellent I agree that it is good as a 'fill-in' shop at best, despite being architecturally stunning.

Comment

Hey thanks for the info VP... I LOVE organic milk!

Comment

Originally posted by virtualpleasure
            for those who like organic milk-- Balducci's has the best price in the neighborhood --organic valley 1/2 gallon: $3.39..the EXACT same item at the downscale Asscoiated supermarket: $4.99, cha cing! A handful of their frozen foods are cheaper than some stores too: eg. Amys mac & cheese,
            and frozen mash potatoes (i can't remember the brand but they're v. good -excellent I agree that it is good as a 'fill-in' shop at best, despite being architecturally stunning.
            If you want to shop organic, shop at Integral Yoga on 13th.

In other news, there's a big sign in front of Western Beef: they're moving to 16th between 9th and 10th, so not a big deal.

Comment

Organic Milk at Whole Foods is an outrageous $5+. I think it's $5.79 or something like that a gallon. That's almost 6 bucks! Truly outrageous.

Comment

Working...
              X