What is that NOISE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that NOISE?

Is it a street fair? Because I don't see permits online anywhere. The loudspeaker is set on kill. Someone gave a speech, now there's intermittent music. This is coming thru very good windows which usually block all street sound and my apartment's in the back to begin with. And the air conditioner is on. But the bass beat is making my brains rattle.

Does anyone know who the idiots are making that noise?

Re: What is that NOISE?

Where?? I have no idea what street you're referring to. There's no noise where I am.

Comment

It turns out to be the Feria del Sol street fair on 14th bt 7th and 8th. The very large loudspeakers are positioned beside a stage set up near 8th. The sponsors are the Mike Bloomberg Campaign (according to Facebook and the campaign website) as well as Goya, the Daily News, 92.7, and Citibank.

But what it looks like is the old Church of Guadalupe annual do. Which is odd because the Church of Guadalupe moved one block west bt 8th and 9th so why is their fair still at their old address? Come to think of it, I have NEVER seen a street fair between 8th and 9th. What makes them so special?

Comment

I went there today. It was kinda' fun. Had a gyro. The people were so happy. Ah the waning days of summer.

Comment

That's nice. They could also have been happy if the fair was between 8th and 9th, couldn't they?

Or if the bass on the speakers was ten decibels lower?

Comment

Working...
          X