Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Shack Closings

The Radio Shack at 30th and 7th will be closing
    Also closing 7 East 14th St and 36 East 23rd.

Their West 23rd St and 7th Ave Store isn't on the closing list.

Re: Radio Shack Closings

arent they all going to close

Comment

And the times they-are-a-changing. It was a much different kind of store years ago when you really needed them for most of your electronics. But with the market the way it is now, and with Radio Shack not offering any great incentives, I guess they just can't keep up with the competition. I'll be sorry to see them go though.

Comment

yes I agree-would go there for certain things

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
          arent they all going to close
          I know Sprint will be doing open up Mini Stores with some stores, I don't know that 72nd St is one of them. But it seems likely that's what's happening

"As part of the bankruptcy plan, major carrier Sprint will open up "mini-shops" in up to 1750 of the remaining stores, doubling their brick-and-mortar presence in the U.S.

Sprint would occupy about a third of the retail space in each store, and Sprint would sell devices, accessories and monthly plans. In addition, Sprint would be the main brand in marketing materials and on storefronts. " link

Comment

I think we need more delicious bakery

Comment

to m sprint won't get my business- a waste of space for me- bakery LOL-as long as it isnt that fancy japanese one that is way too pricy

Comment

I think we need more delicious bakery
                Oh, yeah! Most of the bakeries today, including the popular ones, just don't make pastries taste as good as the bakeries of yesterday. Remember when you could get reeeeeeeeal whipped cream on your cakes? And remember real custard in the eclairs? Anyone remember Eclair Bakery who made the most delicious cakes? Even had a little retail store downstairs at Macy's. Oh, what I wouldn't give for another one of their rum cakes. Guess I'll just have to drown my sorrows in a tiramisu from Veniero's on the east side.

Comment

Yes, Eclair was great as was Sutter's which was on the corner of Greenwich Avenue and Tenth Street, opposite the old Women's House of Detention. Even the supermarket bakeries - A&P, Bohack's (?sp?) and others - had their own bakeries, some actually in the store, that far surpassed anything today

Comment

I like Harbs. I think they are yummy. Its very pricey thou.
                    We need an affordable bakery that is just as clean and good as Harbs. I would like to see one that serve my tea in an English bone china tea set, and quality tea and good service.

Comment

I was on 34th street the other day and found Bagman is now closing. I talked to someone there a while back, he said they owned the building, so I figured they would be safe from closing by losing their lease like Conways did. So I suspect that what happened is that they got offered an excellent price for the building and sold it.

The problem with all this is that Conways, Dee Dees on 14th st and the Bagman are all closing. The neighborhood needs at least some stores that sell the types of items they deal in. Soon we will have only the 99 cent shop on 24th street. Great store but very small with a limited selection.

Comment

funny causei always forget about the 99 cents store on 24th st.= bought some toilet paper today at great price-- do not forget lot less- a new one opened on 14th st between 5th and 6th ave.- i just got a nice wheel cart for shopping at 20 bucks with nice insulation for frozen foods etc.- its the new kind of cart they are now using= maybe it came from bag man==since its an odd lot type store-another one on 40th st. is even closer to penn south--- got a lot of stuff there recently- worth a trip to lot less- so while some stores are closed dont forget lot less

Comment

Sorry to hear about the Bagman closing. Years ago I had my wallet stolen while I was in Conway's. A little while after that I was in the Bagman, a lot more aware, and actually caught someone's hand as they were trying to get my bag. They got away though -- a man and woman team. So, now, with all their favorite stores closing where will the pickpockets go? Guess they'll have to move to the more upscale stores, poor babies.

Comment

Working...
                          X