Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalk FIT

Dear Neighbors,

Iím pleased to share that more than 60 FIT Illustration majors and alumni are once again creating original outdoor art for #ChalkFIT Ė the annual temporary street art display on the exterior walls of the Pomerantz Art and Design Center at Seventh Avenue between 27th and 28th Streets.

This year, illustrators are also painting a temporary mural on the brick wall on 28th Street that encloses FITís storage yard, the future site of the college's new academic building. As part of the temporary installation, these images will be illuminated by small LED lights equipped with dimmers.

The chalk illustrations on the Pomerantz Art and Design Center will remain on display through December 2016, and the painted mid-block mural will remain in place through spring 2017.

Students will be chalking during the day through November 4, with the most activity taking place 8am to 11am and 3pm to 6pm.

Please stop by to watch the work and enjoy public art in the making.

Lisa Wager

Director

Government and Community Relations

Fashion Institute of Technology/State University of New York

Seventh Avenue at 27th Street, Room B905

New York, NY 10001

T. 212-217-4700 F. 212-217-4701

Caught the students in action on my way to work.

Comment

yes i was going to comment but I think this site is not compatable with my computer- what is nice is there are lights there at the site which will brighten the area at night

Comment

Working...
      X