cavallo pizzeria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cavallo pizzeria

well the new cavallo pizza opened at 334 8th ave between 26th and 27th St.- ( their other location is a lot smaller at 28th st and 7th Ave corner) has been there for years= this is more fine dining in the evening with service and seems more casual during the day. you can get more italian specilaties at the newer location= sit down or you can take out= i had one slice of pizza I thought was top heavy= fresh mozzarella basil- thin crust but the crust was too thin and it was falling apart. next I tried chicken marsala under recomendation from a neighbor eating there. I thought it was just okl= next I will comment on the new Bravo pizza hopefully below

Bravo Pizza 360 7th avenue and 30th St. - wanted to put this close to comparison of cavallo pizza--this is in a former pizza place- new town or something like that- Bravo is a mini chain of pizza places owned by partners- I met one-of the owners- some of their locations are kosher but not this location- this is also a pizza joint with dining- a little more casual than cavallo who puts bottled water on your table- beware for tourists) anyway Bravo has various types of pizza like chicago style- I didnt care for it- not sure they gave me the right slice as they made it for me since they only had pepperoni chicago style- ordered a ny style double crust slice- looked good , more like a glorified big calzone- taste was ok as i iordered it for my son- another day I ordered him a chicken cutlet parm hero-- results excellant= perfect bread, cheese, breading etc.- so I would go with that- it looked delicious and if I go back i will order that sandwich- plenty of seating-

Comment

Well, I knew Momjo would be on to give a review of the new pizza place. Bravo PIzza sounds good. But, it is more likely I'd go to Cavallo. It's closer.

Comment

yep still trying to navigate the site- I think Jonathan just made it a little more user friendly today- oh and as far as the pizza places go ny pizza suprema is still best for a slice

Comment

Finally went to the Cavallo and had the best eggplant parmigiana sandwich I've had in years! Very much like those in Bensonhurst - Spumoni Gardens.

Comment

Working...
          X