Celebrate Handmade at FIT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrate Handmade at FIT

Celebrate Handmade, High-End Products with the Makers Showcase at the Fashion Institute of Technology

Saturday and Sunday, May 30 & 31, 2015
    10am-4pm
    Admission is free and open to the public

The Makerís Movement is dedicated to celebrating handmade products. In this two-day fair, FIT will showcase one-of-a-kind, custom craftsmanship and the unique works of 25+ local artisans that will be for sale. The event will also feature fashion shows, demonstrations, and guest speakers.

Re: Celebrate Handmade at FIT

thanks- i love this event- went last year

Comment

For over 20 years Origami USA had its convention at FIT over the summer. I was going to post it, but found the below, well I guess this ends Origami conventions in Chelsea

Posted: October 25, 2014 - 12:38pm
      Updated: December 4, 2014 - 9:28pm
      We've just been notified by FIT that the venue will not be available to us for our convention in the future, including Convention 2015. We are, obviously, really surprised at the short notice.

Comment

i had completely forgotten about this event although on my calendar but Iwas passing by over the weekend and saw it was still open. although it was towards the end of the day it appeared to be less vendors. there were raffle prizes and seemed a lot of people didnt stay long as they kept on repeating raffle numbers until they got a winner- there were a few prizes. they called the numbers before and after me and not mine. finally the last raffle ticket they announced I found someone and i go darn it LOL- well i was surprised when they handed it to me- lip gloss from a sponsor- the origami one had great prizes- oh well- one woman had nice sterling handmade earrings i liked

Comment

the Bead society craft fair is today- june 6 til 6pm- same place as ususal- 28th st at FIT

Comment

Working...
          X