onyx building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onyx building

does anyone know if they are getting ready to rent one of the stores in the onyx building on 8th avenue and 28th st.- they are putting paper in windows making it look like a store may be comming finally and the for rent sign is off- its been vacant for years and only a holloween store was there temporarily

Re: onyx building

Looks like it. It's amazing that it has been vacant for so long, but that strip up to Penn Station is still rather seedy.

Comment

well hold your breath- chelsea is changing and that building wont be a seedy tenant- i imagine some sort of chain because who else could afford the rent there? not every store is seedy- take long timers salumeria billese- 29th st., and pizza suprema 31st st.- or uncle nicks- yes they need to get rid of errotica and those shady tenants on 8th aveneu near 711- between 28th and 29th st.- that hotel- yet i noticed lately on mornings bus drivers go over there to get coffee i guess as they idle that block lately

Comment

Speaking of openings... Any idea when Fairway is opening? Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

Fairway reportedly opening July 24, 2013!

Comment

Where?

Comment

Sixth avenue between 25th and 26th:

http://www.fairwaymarket.com/store-chelsea/

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

yep fairway isgoing to hurt whole foods mostly, gristedes and trader joes. they are in the same union as gristedes ufcw local 1500 so maybe you will see familiar faces- i can not wait

Comment

I can see Fairway eating (sorry) into Whole Foods' business, but not Trader Joe's. IMHO, it's a different customer. And I'm pretty sure that the Fairway and Gristedes customer are entirely different animals.

Comment

I heard that their Kips Bay store wasn't so busy.

Comment

RE: "I can see Fairway eating (sorry)..." - - GROAN!!!

I've been curious for quite a while that no supermarkets have opened west of Ninth Avenue. I realize that Fresh Direct, SOAP and other pick-and-deliver outfits do a lot of business at all the new development between Tenth Avenue and the river, but I'd still expect to see more than just one (dare I say it) CVS where a person can pick up a container of milk or other basics.

Comment

@Snap - Agreed, but I have a feeling that many of those new residents of "West Chelsea" (I hate that term) do most of their shopping on-line, or don't buy enough in one trip for a full supermarket to really matter. They can probably get their immediate needs at Duane Reade, which now carries some fresh grocery items, CVS or the like. There's always restaurant delivery, too.

Comment

Short video preview of new Fairway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN1KSP7Q1ns

Comment

i got that too- looks like you already shop at fairway- that videowas on facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X