Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn South and FIT Team Up for Renovation Plan

Penn South and FIT Team Up for Renovation Plan

Interior Design students from FIT will be presenting plans tomorrow to seniors who live at Penn South for redesigns of public areas to make them more functional for older residents. Three teams of students will present three different plans on Power Point, after which the seniors will vote for the design they like best. While there is no guarantee that the winning design will be implemented, this is a great collaboration that benefits both residents of Penn South and FIT Interior Design majors.

The presentations and judging will be held on Thursday, September 30 from 2:30 ? 4:30 pm at Penn South Community Room 7A, located at 330 W. 28 St.

Re: Penn South and FIT Team Up for Renovation Plan

It's nice that FIT students work hand and hand with penn south but really this place looks like assisted living. No other place is like our co=op LOL

Comment

Thanks for posting that interesting information. If I can make it, I'd certainly like to see what they propose.

I wish I could have entered my own designs -- which would be gates around the gardens that would close around 10P so that the bums who use the benches to sleep on wouldn't be allowed in -- like the one who's down there now thanks to our Security department that doesn't do anything about securing the area.

Comment

So the unsafe hospital doors aren't enough. I don't get it.

Comment

why is this the only co-op that has more safety features then a seniors development. Why is this necessary?

Comment

Dear Neighbors,

As part of our ongoing program of public events at The Museum al FIT, I wanted to let you know about a new special program called Mondays at The Museum. On two Mondays this fall, we invite you to join us at The Museum at FIT for exhibition tours reserved solely for FIT's neighbors. As you may know, the museum 18 closed to the public on Mondays, so these
            tours will be truly private.

On Monday, October 4, we will host a special tour of Eco-Fushion: Going Green, led by the exhibition curator, Jennifer Farley. Eco-Fushion is a fascinating exploration of the relationship between garment-making and the environment, with examples dating from the mid-18'' century
            to the present. The tour will begin at 10:30 a.m. and will last an hour.
            On Monday, November 8, we are pleased to present a private tour for our Chelsea neighbors of Japan Fashion Now, led by Valerie Sleele, the exhibition's curator and director of The Museum at FIT. The first exhibition to address contemporary Japanese fashion in all its radical creativity,
            Japan Fashion Now has garnered wide-spread early acclaim from such publications as New York Magazine, Time Out New York, and The Japan Times. This tour will begin at 6:00 p.m. and also last an hour.

As space for the museum's free programs is limited, we ask that you RSVP to ensure a place, either by emailing museuminfo@fitnvc.edu, or by calling 212.217.4585. 1 hope you'll be able to join us and your neighbors for one or both of these special private tours.

Sincerely,
            Dr. Joyce F. Brown
            President

Comment

Team A Lobby redesign

Comment

Team B Lobby

Team C Lobby

Comment

Working...