Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street fair on 26th street (8th & 9th Ave)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street fair on 26th street (8th & 9th Ave)

Does anyone know about the street fair on 26th street, between 8th and 9th ave that is once a year around memorial day sometime?

I dont remember if it was the week before, on, or after memorial day weekend, on a saturday or Sunday, my family loves this event and we dont want to miss it.

Thank you!

Re: Street fair on 26th street (8th & 9th Ave)

I think you might be referring to the one that the 10th Pct. used to sponsor. If it was that one it used to go from Friday to Sunday and there were lots of children's rides, games, and stands that sold Italian sausages. I believe we can attribute the loss of that wonderful street fair to our beloved ex-Mayor Bloomberg who discontinued the allowance of "no traffic" streets beyond a one-day permit. I hope that's the one you mean and maybe others will remember what a wonderful fair that was -- and maybe we can try to get it back.

Comment

No , this is one day a year, on 26th street between 8th ave and 9th ave, where people from the neighborhood, I assume mostly pennsouth coop, can sell their stuff, pots, pans, dishes , clothes, like a garage sale. You had told some one a few years back on this site that it was June 2nd 2012 , you called it "annual Penn South Flea Market", its usually one day a year, sat or sun, the week before , on or after memorial day. Please let me know if you have nay info as to the exact date this year,thank you.

Comment

http://chelseanow.com/2013/05/penn-s...m-our-clutter/

Comment

Ohhhhhh, it was last Saturday, May 16th. There was some rain earlier in the day so I think some vendors decided not to come out to sell. I might be wrong, but I think there were fewer people selling, and not as many buyers as in previous years. which I think was due to the fact that people were unsure about the weather -- which actually turned out to be a nice day.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X