Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new building on west 26th st- winick bldg.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new building on west 26th st- winick bldg.

well as you all know that big building under construction on west 26th street and 8th avenue is almost complete. i originally thought a fairwaywas going to open in their ground floor store space bit i was wrong and fairway is opening in chelsea but not in that space. now we have discovered it looks like they want a fitness center in that space. Is that a good idea. It is not going to serve the community so much like another type of business. ofcourse thee are many gym in the area. so i urge you to come out tonight to the land use comittee tonight- community board 4 at the fulton center if you feel like me that maybe some other type of business would be a better choice in the neighborhood.

Re: new building on west 26th st- winick bldg.

It's the new Swedish Institute Nursing School --

Comment

where did you hear that- i was at the comminity board meeting but couldnt stay

Comment

A gym would serve the community far better than another bank, chain drug store, chain coffee shop or fast food restaurant.

Comment

I was hoping for a Target or something like that!

Comment

The Swedish Institute will now offer a nursing degree and this new building is their nursing school building.

Comment

oh well not goingto serve the community much then. most of their students appear from other places- not new yorkers i dont think- but does sound like a good program then

Comment

Originally posted by JoJe View Post
                The Swedish Institute will now offer a nursing degree and this new building is their nursing school building.

Just found this...
                Affordable gym chain Blink Fitness plans to open a new 15,500 square foot location in the ground floor of Chelsea Park at 308 Eighth Ave., complete with weights, strength training machines, treadmills and more. The gym's other locations cost as little at $15 a month, and the new Chelsea location will likely have a comparable prince
                http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013...coming-chelsea

This was published on May 6th, So guess we're getting a Gym, not the Swedish Institute.

Comment

may be both andby the way if you look on the 2nd floor fo that building they do have a gym for renters in the building- well if the price is reasonable they will compete with planet fitness

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
                    may be both and by the way if you look on the 2nd floor fo that building they do have a gym for renters in the building- well if the price is reasonable they will compete with planet fitness
                    Your right. Guess we'll see shortly

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
                      may be both andby the way if you look on the 2nd floor fo that building they do have a gym for renters in the building- well if the price is reasonable they will compete with planet fitness
                      it's hard to be cheaper than Planet Fitness with a cheap sign up fee and $10 per month. it's even a little less than our exercise room.

Comment

Working...
                      X