A lot of police activity right now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of police activity right now...

Anybody know why there are cops parked all over the place on 23rd/8th? (Sat. Night 25Aug07 - 11pm)
    Thanks!

Re: A lot of police activity right now...

I have no idea but I hope someone replies, i'm so curious...A little while ago I arrived at Penn Station and walked home to 23 + 8th, on my way home from 32nd st, I must have literally seen 200+cops and at least 100 cop vehicles, I hope nothing is wrong.

Comment

According to NY1 just now, they're doing some sort of 'terrorism drill' with the police at Penn Station this evening:

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index...id=1&aid=72971

The Office of Emergency Management is holding a multi-agency field exercise at Penn Station this Sunday between midnight and 4 a.m. A large number of police, fire and other emergency vehicles will be in Midtown as part of the drill.

Hopefully it is all simply part of the drill. I didn't see them myself but I'd be alarmed by so many police and emergency vehicles too.

Comment

I would imagine, if in fact it is a drill, "they" would have to cordon off the perimeter areas to in effect to monitor, etc. Makes perfect sense. However, that said, in light of what's been going on lately in this area, nothing would surprise me at all in terms of police presence. (Okay...I'm a bit of a Naysayer...)

Brazil, don't worry though. I'm sure if it were "something," you would've heard more about it in the Media. I'm sure at least I want to be sure, that nothing happened.

Smiles...

"CC"

Comment

Originally posted by chelseachick69 View Post
          Brazil, don't worry though. I'm sure if it were "something," you would've heard more about it in the Media.
          This IS the media... sometimes! Remember all the things that have been reported here by eye witnesses that we never heard about in the media - or at least wasn't given enough coverage to notice. Like that Con Ed explosion on W 23rd Street awhile back. Or, the gun shots you guys have reported hearing in Chelsea. I've read all kinds of things here I never saw in the "media"!

Comment

This is better than the media I'll be moving out of Chelsea by the end of the year and am already missing the info I get from you guys. I'll never be more updated about the things that go on in my new neighborhood as I am now.

Comment

I came home late and my cab was stuck at W. 23 & 8th because of the same insane circus. I asked a firefighter what was going on: he replied it was a drill in case anything really serious happens.
              It was past midnight & there were also loud helicopters hovering overhead until almost one am. Personally, I was enraged to have such a nuisance created without warning the local population first and on our tax money. After witnessing 9/11 I am ready for anything in the city, but to scare residents this way is unconscionable. Could it be part of a plan to keep us all, once again, on "orange alert" till the next elections?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                This IS the media... sometimes! Remember all the things that have been reported here by eye witnesses that we never heard about in the media - or at least wasn't given enough coverage to notice. Like that Con Ed explosion on W 23rd Street awhile back. Or, the gun shots you guys have reported hearing in Chelsea. I've read all kinds of things here I never saw in the "media"!
                Jeez Jonathon...a little bit defensive aren't we! All I'm saying is, you can bet for sure that if it were a bomb scare, terrorists or the like, (and let me be definitive here), "THE NEWSPAPERS, THE TV NEWS" would've been all over it IF, it were a "sensational" headline.

No real need to be the "Papa Bear protecting his Cubs" or anything. I wasn't saying we are not well informed on Cyb for goodness sakes.

Comment

Hey CC! No problem! I understand how what I wrote looks and I didn't mean it to come off that way! Thanks for mentioning it in case other people were thinking the same thing. If we had been talking instead of writing you would have heard the smile in my voice as I said that half humorously. I didn't mean it defensively at all... just making the point that sometimes we do get real information here that you don't get or don't get easily anywhere else... which I guess makes this kind of like the real media sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                    Hey CC! No problem! I understand how what I wrote looks and I didn't mean it to come off that way! Thanks for mentioning it in case other people were thinking the same thing. If we had been talking instead of writing you would have heard the smile in my voice as I said that half humorously. I didn't mean it defensively at all... just making the point that sometimes we do get real information here that you don't get or don't get easily anywhere else... which I guess makes this kind of like the real media sometimes!
                    Thanks Jonathon. It's totally cool. I was just surprised is all.

One question thought, "three halves???..." (Ha, ha. )

Comment

Working...
                    X