Drycleaners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drycleaners

Hi Guys...I'm kinda embarassed to ask this question but for as long as I could remember, all or most drycleaners are closed on Sundays. Does anyone know why? Is there a law of some sort? Is it just normal for all drycleaners, or at least the ones in Chelsea to be closed? Please forgive me for this silly question.

Re: Drycleaners

Hi BrazilNYgirl, I actually have no idea! But I'll stab a guess at it. Years ago pretty much everything used to be closed on Sunday. Then gradually more and more things started opening. I think dry cleaners never did probably because they really didn't need to. It wasn't a business day and I would guess they get most of their business Monday - Friday. Most are open on Saturday and it would be my guess that they probably don't get much business that day so they probably figure they wouldn't get enough on Sunday to justify being open.

That's would be my guess.

Comment

Hi Charles and Brazil...:

I'm thinking the same thing. I mean, when I was a kid here in Chelsea, I can remember that most of the businesses were closed on Sundays. It wasn't until like (if memory serves me), the early 70's or so that businesses started to open on Sundays.

Actually, I can remember when Italian restaurants closed on Mondays. That one is still a mystery to me. I wonder, do they still do that, and why Mondays?

Oh well....

"CC"

Comment

Funny you mentioned that chelseachick, there is an italian restaurant that i love to go to in the village and they too are closed on Mondays...

Comment

It's the same thing with barbers. I remember when they were all closed on Mondays. Not anymore however

Comment

Working...
          X