Chelsea Clearview Cinema 23rd between 7th & 8th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea Clearview Cinema 23rd between 7th & 8th

I walked past the Clearview yesterday and they have signs up saying they are open while performing renovations. I think it said something like amazing or spectacular renovations. As someone who prefers to wait a month or two and buy the movie on DVD, as not only is it cheaper then going to the flix but it's more comfortable and no one to annoy you by kicking your seat back or talking, I was wondering if anyone knows what they are doing to draw in people.

Most of my friends agree that going to the Cinema isn't the event it once was. With large screen HDTV's and Movies on Demand I don't see much of a future for Cinema.

Any thoughts?

Re: Chelsea Clearview Cinema 23rd between 7th & 8th

In my opinion, unless your friends with Oprah and sitting in her home cinema,
    You will never have the same experience watching a movie from your sofa.

What really concerns me is how expensive the movie theaters are, and the fact that they don't have matinee's for families I think is a disservice to the community.

I guess they figure that everyone that lives in this area has deep pockets, but for me that is not true, a lot of times the only thing in my pocket is lint.

Comment

Re: Chelsea Clearview Cinema 23rd between 7th & 8th

My boyfriend just got a high definition TV and the pictures are BEAUTIFUL on it! It truly is almost as good as going to a theater. And way more comfortable. Anyway, he spent $600 on the TV (it's not that big a screen), and $300 on the speakers. So, $900 total. He's selling his old TV for $500 and if you figure $30 a pop for us to go to the movies, he'll have this paid for in movie tickets alone after we watch just 14 movies together!

Now, all we have to do is settle on 14 films we both wanna watch! It could take up to a year!

Comment

Working...
      X