Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey-Yetta Debate

Monday Aug 26th 6-8pm
    DOORS OPEN 6:00 PM, Debate begins at 6:30 and ends at 7:45.

The City Council race to fill the seat occupied by City Council Speaker Christine Quinn is heating up. Yetta Kurland and Corey Johnson will faceoff in the heart of Chelsea.

The debate is sponsored by Gay City News, Chelsea Now, The Villager, Downtown Express and East Villager News in association with Bow Tie Cinema (formerly Chelsea Clearview Cinemas). 260 West 23rd Street

Re: Corey-Yetta Debate

thanks for this. I wish I could go. A bit unfortunately, I think this is a race where there are two good guys running, so it's not so obvious who to vote for.

Comment

actually lets leave it to your imagination- i used to like Yetta when she was inovolved with the st vincents closing but all she seems to do now a days is shmear coreys campaign using 2 people in her letter that dont even live in ny state- one a nurse and one a doctor that worked at st vincents- corey has served on thecommunity board 4 as chair while Yetta has no experience with traditional politics. she never served on a community board but is a lawyer. Corey is more qualified for the job= so please come out

Comment

I am overdosed from Corey Johnson phone calls, knocks on my door, leaflets in my mailbox and under my door, getting stopped on the street.

I am seriously turned off by it all.

Comment

well yetta has been leaving leaflets by our door and to be honest i havent gotten any leaflets by more door from corey. yes corey has a presence and has knocked on doors thats true- maybe it wasnt a good idea bt on the other hand he got to know a lot of penn south folks- he was campaigning in the lobby of penn south and you would be amazed he seemed to know many of the people in the building that the person who was with him from penn south hardly needed to introduce yourself. well he doesnt shmear another person sunch has yetta has done to him making up lies- everytime there is a lie he has to have a letter out. thid time from Tom Duane for former state senator

Comment

I am interested in knowing why the board at Penn South prefers Corey Johnson vs Yetta Kurland. What are the long term implications?

Comment

maybe it is because he has served as chair on the community board and had don e a lot of our community. yetta on the other hand was very involvdwith saving st vincents bt thats the onlythng she did , and do we have our hospital? NO- she couldnt save it- corey has done a lot of thngs and eveyone truely likes him. he is very approchable- a very likeable guy- just my opinion and i am not on the board

Comment

The other night, I got a call from Corey (because him coming in person to my door wasn't enough), and today I got a robocall from Jerry Nadler on his behalf. I got a knock on my door from someone canvassing for either Jessica Lapin or Julie Menin, I can't remember, I tuned out. Seven pieces of literature in my mailbox today.

I'm going to have to screen calls and ignore knocks on the door until after primary day.

Comment

well then do what others do put on sign on your door- no literature no campaigning- these signs are all over penn south buildings

Comment

Working...
                  X