X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clearview cinemas

bow ties is the new name for clearview cinema on west 23rd st-- new owner

Re: clearview cinemas

Does anyone know if now that they changed ownership they got rid of the bed bugs? I would like to use my neighborhood theater again, but after two bed bug experiences there and lots of other reports, I have not been in there in more than a year.

Comment

i was there a few months ago for the debate with Yetta and Corey and it seemed pretty clean to me. I think it is run by a small scale family business so they may care more to maintain it properly

Comment

For years, I used to go once a week because I had an Optimum card and I could get in for free on Tuesdays at Clearview. But no freebies since Bow Tie bought it, so I haven't been back and have no idea whether they've fixed it up (though it's not as if anyone could ever tell if they have a bed bug problem unless you see one in there.)

They are a family-run business and all of their theaters outside of the city have specials on Tuesdays ($6 for regular movies.) I wrote to them and asked them why we couldn't have a good deal like that or at least, match the matinee special at AMC. They told me they couldn't because they had a lot of renovating to do. Renovating has nothing to do with bed bugs. They are an ongoing problem of every public place, and I think about it whenever I sit on a public seat, especially if the seat is covered in fabric. I never brought anything home from Clearview, and I was going every week for at least five years.

Comment

Working...
        X