cheated at Tio's Laundry w/23 and 9th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheated at Tio's Laundry w/23 and 9th

I went to Tios Laundry on Saturday morning, put money in the change machine for $4.50 machine, machine didnt start, asked "helper" if he could start it manually, he said I never put money in, both workers lied, I called the cops, they directed me to the consumer affairs dept, the owner says shes not gonna refund me cause I already called the cops, go figure, all the small buinesses seem to be goin crooked in chelsea, or gone crooked a long time ago

Its so damn stupid to lose a customer over fourfiddy!

Re: cheated at Tio's Laundry w/23 and 9th

Originally posted by nuhattiuanas View Post
    Its so damn stupid to lose a customer over fourfiddy!
    nuhattiuanas -- How about losing two (2) looooong-standing customers at the Chelsea landmark diner, Chelsea Square Diner on 23rd, corner of 9th --- for -- ready for this (?) $.90? Neighbors tell me that the diner just acquired a manager there and when they got the bill for dinner the other nite, there was a confusing $.90 charge added to their bill that they questioned. They were told by their *embarrassed waiter that it was imposed by the manager for the cost of the containers used for the remaining food they were taking home. When the customers voiced their disbelief, the manager got involved in the disagreement and stood his ground about the cost of the containers. My neighbors were outraged and refused to pay the $.90 and told the manager that they would never return to the diner again.

This new manager lost 2 outstanding, neighborhood regular customers (over 40 years as customers) for a tacky, stupid, unheard of "container cost" -- @ $.90.

*the 2 diners were regulars for the particular waiter, as well. The waiter was so upset and embarrassed about this that he quietly offered to pay the cost of the containers himself if they would please continue to come to the diner. (They told him he deserved to work at a better place). Sad.

Comment

wow- that place has it's regulars. my mother in law lived in bldg one- penn south for many years and she ate there a lot since it was so convieient. We eat there on occasi0n and they have had the same waiters there for years watching my family grow. They are going to lose out with all the neighbors that get doggy bags and they might just switch over to moonstruck. love the lobster bisque on fridays at the square

Comment

I called the cops...

I sympathize with you. However, with all due respect, what a tremendous waste of resources. The NYPD's patrol strength is currently at an all time low. Two police officers were pulled off of patrol to investigate what was a civil matter. If you purchased a service that you were unhappy with and the merchant would not give you a refund, would you call the police?

Comment

Working...
        X