brick oven pizza: health violation ?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brick oven pizza: health violation ?!

Once a year I must have a piece of pizza.
    I remembered that Ray's on 9th, just south of 23rd, was just okay.
    Someone in my building told me that Brick Oven was closed when they went by it today (Sunday). I couldn't believe it so I went to check myself.
    Sure enough, there was a sign on the front window saying that they had been closed by the -- something like -- "environmental and health administration".
    Why?! I wonder!

Re: brick oven pizza: health violation ?!

They probably had a health violation and it looks like the inspectors are really going to put pressure on restaurants. I have to say though, even if it's a bit unfair, that even if a restaurant reopens I probably wouldn't eat there knowing it had problems.

Comment

I agree

Comment

I couldn't figure if I should put about to say here or on the laundry cheating thread but I've been into two Chelsea pizza establishments, one of them the other day charged me $3.75 for a $2.50 slice of pizza when I questioned the charge they refunded my money.the reason I caught this was because several months ago another Chelsea pizza establishment charged me $3.50 for a pizza slice, I figured that was the going rate at the time however when I came back a few weeks later the same slice was $2.50. When I questioned somebody behind the counter about this he seem to imply that the woman who had charged me the $3.50 had done this to a number of people.

Comment

that got me thinking about the slice I paid $4.95 for at Ray's. He did add pepperoni, but: 5 bucks for a slice?!
          I just hate being one of those questioners, "how much was this?" I don't even like taking a receipt in front of the cashier -- like they did something wrong.

Comment

Hi !
            I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
            Watch Movies Online For Free

Comment

Have you seen the opening of Two Brothers Pizza on 25th Street and 6th Avenue. $1.00 a slice, slightly more if you want pepperoni or sausage. Not the best, but definitely not the worst I've ever had.

Comment

got to go to pizza suprema- they wont overcharge you and they only raise the price if they really have to because they use quality ingredients. When was the last time you saw someone making fresh mozzarella in the back of the store. Their tomato sauce is so much better then other places. You have theright amount of cheese and its nice charred and thin crusted. I've said it before the best pizza in the neighborhood if not manhattan one of the best simply said. I do not work there

Comment

8th Avenue between 30th and 31st?

Comment

yes and it's on the side of the street as the Post office-they got an A rating by the health dept also- recently they made some modernization changes and its really nice in there especially in summer with the air on

Comment

I am partial to Mama Rosa's on 7th and 27th. They deliver quickly, and I prefer their sauce to Supreme. Just my own taste. I usually like plain pizza.

Comment

everyone has different taste- the hubby thinks pizza suprema sauce is too garlicy or him but heck that is his opinion LOL-- he hated garlic but I love garlicand truely do not taste any in that sauce

Comment

as I love garlic AND I like thin crust pizza, it sounds like I should get to pizza suprema pretty soon !

Comment

I got so tempted by all this pizza talk that I went over to Pizza Suprema the other day and tried their upside down pizza. It was good, but I didn't get a very garlic-y taste from their sauce, and I happen to like garlic. I'll have to try some of their other varieties, but maybe I was expecting too much because I wasn't that thrilled. I like the kind of cheese that really stretches off the pizza to your mouth.

Luigi's on 8th Avenue isn't one of my favorite places for food, but I've had their pizza with anchovies and ... it ain't so bad ... well, for my taste, that is. I liked it better than Ray's anyway.

A friend of mine who lives near Artichoke on 14th Street was eating a slice of pizza that really looked good. The lines outside that place suggest to me that it probably is really good so one day when I'm over there and there's no line I'm planning to try that one. Anyone eat there? It's on 14th Street between 1st and 2nd Aves.

Comment

I just know the sauce on the regular slice. and yes their cheese is very gooey as far as a regular slice. The other types I usually do not get except pizza margarita as I should cut down on cheese. I find regular is fresher although they make it all fresh it stands out longer the speciality pizza

Comment

Working...
                              X