Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Ruth Mullett?

Hi.

I'm seeing signs posted on buildings that tell of a celebration of Ruth Mullett's life that is set to take place in the 2/20 art gallery tomorrow, Sunday, late afternoon/early evening, 7/29. Can anyone tell me who she was?

Re: Who Is Ruth Mullett?

Good question Carol. Because after doing a google search I still couldn't figure it out! I couldn't find anything that tied her to New York. But check this out, if you do a Google search today on her name this conversation oin clickYourblock is the first thing that comes up!

Comment

Hi. Thanks for replying. I went to the event that was being held in celebration of her life and spoke with relatives and friends. It seems that Ruth was a lively presence on the block between 7th and 8th on 16th Street. She was remembered as a vivid personality, and was out a lot with her dogs. She died a few months ago at the age of 76, but it wasn't really possible to hold the event before now. I saw many photographs showing a very attractive and outgoing person who was called "unforgettable." She had style.

Comment

I signed up for ClickYourBlock because I know the answer to "Who is Ruth Mullett?" She lived in my building. She was the Matriarch, if you will. Always out and about and knew all the news about the neighborhood. She would have loved this site if she had a computer. She collected everyones (if she liked you) packages and was a real New York character. She is missed.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I couldn't find anything on any website about her either.

Sounded like she WAS a true gem, she does!

RIP Ruth.

"CC"

Comment

Working...
          X