west 16th garbage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west 16th garbage

I just moved almost 2 months ago from W22nd btwn 7th and 8th and a friend came to visit me and made a very good observation that I never noticed before... there seems to be an excess amount of garbage on this street at all times... no matter what day, or time, there is always garbage milling about or busted open or something... I'm a dog owner and it's really frustrating to walk a dog on a garbage lined street... let alone the health hazards of bugs, rodents, etc that appear. Does anyone feel the same way? What can we do about this?

Re: west 16th garbage

Hi Zimm81,

Could you take a couple of pictures and post them here? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Comment

Zimm,

I don't live on 22nd, but definitely sympathize as a dog owner. It's so hard to walk a dog down a garbage lined street. Our block (30th) has a chicken bone problem...I've lived all over the city and never have I experienced anything like this block for having a chicken bone every two feet. Like it's some kind of magnet zone for people who first of all, walk down the street while eating drumsticks (?), and second of all, think nothing of dropping the bones on the sidewalk when they're done.
      As far as what to do about the problem on your block, maybe start a group of neighbors calling 311 and lodging complaints.

Comment

My first apartment in NYC was on W. 16th st. A small Brownstone with 8 apartments andwe use to get litter tickets almost everyday due to garbage in front of the building. The litter was picked up 3 times a day my one of the tenants but still those litter tickets were very often.
        For some reason, a small wind tunnel blows the trash up 16th st from 7th ave. Our building even went to court to protest the tickets. We won one battle but lost the war.

Comment

Working...
        X