Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Salons in chelsea

Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone have any recommendations for hair salons for my wife? Bumble and Bumble in the meat packing district has gotten too expensive. There is one on 7th and 15th called Giovanno(?) and another one on 7th ane 19th called Max. There is also one on 17 or 16 between 7th and 8th, I think. Has anyone had good experiences with any hair salons in Chelsea?

thanks in advance

Denny

Re: Hair Salons in chelsea

Oooh, I guess you missed our conversation about Villa Chauvin! (check out the last few pages for the compliments). One member here originally opened a complaint about them. Then several other people wrote in and said they thought they were great. So you might give them a try. They're on 23rd - I think between 7th & 8th.

Comment

I highly recommend Xena Salon on 13th St. between 6 & 7th Aves. I've been going to one of their stylists for many years. It's a small, comfortable salon with a friendly atmosphere and talent.

Comment

cool, thanks a lot for the recommendation

Comment

There's a great salon called Anagen on 22nd, off 7th (212 255-4501). I've gone to Christine (lives in Chelsea) for years. I just returned from a 17-day cruise and I wrote the following e-mail to her (an unsolicited recommendation):"OK. Denmark was delightful. Norway--unforgettable. Iceland was magical. Greenland--amazing. Newfoundland--surprisingly fun to visit. BUT...the reason I'm writing is to tell you my hair was perfect the WHOLE trip. It never let me down. It worked for formal nights, for casual evenings, for cold, blustery shore trips and hot, sunny at-sea days. There were times when my clothes might not have been exactly right but my hair always was. So, I held my head up high and enjoyed whatever we were doing. I just want you to know this!!"

Comment

Wow MC...that's quite a recommendation.

I've been going to Nick Arroyo (from What not to Wear) for years and am always happy. But at 150.00 a pop, I'm way over-do for a haircut and I'm gonna give Christine a try. Thanks.

Comment

Go for it LongTime Resident! I'm not sure what the current costs are--I'm a "LongTime" customer!

Comment

LTR- I've been dying to go to Nick Arrojo- does he really cut your hair well? For $150 maybe I'll go to him once or twice a year!

Comment

Phtp....yeah, I think Nick is great, a real artist. He gives me great "head". (P.S....He's straight)

I've been seeing him for a while and that is the rate he still charges me. But now that he's a celebrity, I think new customers are paying much more.

Here's the link to his website. You can always call them to ask about pricing.

http://www.arrojostudio.com/studio/team/team.htm

For those who can afford it, I would highly recommend Nick and all his staff. They are all excellent and I've never seen a bad haircut come out of there. The colorists are great, too. I think they offer less expensive haircuts from his students, who are all trained and working hairstylists.

Comment

I just checked out his website. It looks fabulous. Looks like a great place for a fabulous makeover.

I'm thinking that I might check them out even though I'm loyal to another place.

Maybe $150 once in a great while, isn't so bad when you consider how great you'll feel when you walk out of there.

I'm thinking about getting my makeup done. Looks kind of groovy to me.

Thanks for the info LTR.

CC69

P.S. Hey LTR, Nick gives you "great" what???!!! (Ha, ha)

Comment

Live, baby, live!

Comment

You know it!

Peace.

CC69

Comment

YOIKS...I checked in on Arrojo's new website. Nick is charging new clients 400.00 a haircut. So...I guess it's more in line with his new-found popularity. Glad I got to him before.

His staff charges less so I can give a few recommends to whose work I'm personally familiar with-

Under master stylists- Chrystoph is phenomenal, Mark (Erli) and Vincent are both top-notch

Under stylists- Cynthia is a doll, gives a good haircut. Siobhan is also good, a bit more edgy.

Color stylist- Ellie. Does a fabulous and natural looking job.

Never used other services there. The atmosphere is cool but not stuffy, comfortable and the music is great. If Nick's around and in a good mood, he can be quite charming and adorable. Oh yeah....and the girls are skinny, in mini's and wear high-heels. (For all you guys- yes, they do men's haircuts, too)

Have fun

Comment

I just wanted to update my previous message extolling Anagen Hair Salon and Christine, my stylist. They recently moved to Sixth Avenue and (I think) 22nd Street--right across the street from Barnes & Noble--look up and you'll see them in the big glass window. Let me add, in addition to the great cut and color I get, another plus for this salon. It's REAL--no drama! The stylists are local people with excellent skills and no need to impress (or depress which is what happened to me when I went to one of the snooty places).
                            Last edited by MC08; 08-04-2007, 01:50 PM. Reason: misspellings

Comment

Working...
                            X