204 West 14th Sold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 204 West 14th Sold?

Rumor has it, the building's been sold. Anyone have any info on who the new owner is? Some big management firm, I think. Sorry to see another building go to a faceless corporation...
    Buy LOCAL, non-franchise!

Re: 204 West 14th Sold?

The area will keep changing like this. The Chelsea Plan, which allows buildings upr to 20 or so stories is making the land too valuable to developers. I don't like some aspects of it but I also like NOT hearing "check it out" at 8 am on Sunday mornigs by the street hawkers ouside the bargain stores. I have mixed feelings on the whole thing. I was talking to an actor friend of mine and we were lamenting that maybe it was a mistake driving the drug dealers away. We, tongue in cheek, were discussing hiring actors to pose as drug dealers to drive the rents down and get some reasonable non-chain business back. LOL!
    roby2000

Comment

I just checked to see which building it is. It is in really good shape so I hope they aren't planning to tear it down. Also, my barber is in that building and I would hate to see Yuriy and Alex lose their business.
      roby2000

Comment

Roby, that's hilarious - hiring actors to pose as drug dealers! I love it!

Comment

RE: "We, tongue in cheek, were discussing hiring actors to pose as drug dealers to drive the rents down and get some reasonable non-chain business back."

You just might have hit on something here! A novel way to save the city and create jobs for actors! EXCELLENT!!

Comment

Originally posted by roby2000 View Post
            I hope they aren't planning to tear it down.
            Yikes! How could they do that? What would happen to all the renting residents?
            Buy LOCAL, non-franchise!

Comment

Yikes! How could they do that? What would happen to all the renting residents?

I don't think it will be torn down, but I don't put anything past developers. After all, renters in this city have little or no rights. As far as the businesses, they can throw them out by simply not renewing their lease or tripling their rent. There is no restrictions on commercial rents.
              roby2000

Comment

Working...
              X