NEW CLUB: DIRTY DISCO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW CLUB: DIRTY DISCO

I am having tremendous trouble with the two nightclubs at 246 & 248 W. 14 St.--The Plumm and Dirty Disco. Both play their music very, very loudly approx. 4-5 nights/week. I've reasoned, begged, conducted sound level tests with one of them...all to no avail.

Is anyone else suffering? I want to form a group to fight this, or a group to work with the Community Board. I am also considering hiring a lawyer. There is power in numbers, so please let me know if anyone else is interested in pursuing this.

Thanks.

Re: NEW CLUB: DIRTY DISCO

It is my understanding that Dirty Disco only has a temporary permit(good for 90 days). I checked online and they have been turned down by the community board for a liquor license. I read in the newspaper the state liquor authority will not issue new liquor licenses until after Jan.1 2007 and they are going to enforce the 500 ft rule which means dirty disco can't get a license because there are already 3 places with a license. The only way they can get approved is if the community board says it is in the community's best interest. If I was you I would talk to your community board to make sure they do not approve them in the future. Good Luck

Comment

Thank you for the update! If you have any web links that contain that info, about their application for a liquor license, it would be most appreciated!

Comment

Here's the CB's web site: http://www.manhattancb4.org/

Comment

Thank you for the link. I think that these clubs are under the jurisdiction of Community Board #2, however, as they are on the south side of 14th St. I couldn't find any info on the CB#2 site, so may need to call them.

Comment

Hey nyny - in case you haven't looked this up yet, here's CB 2's site:

http://www.cb2manhattan.org/

Comment

Working...
            X