new african/ southern buffet place

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new african/ southern buffet place

I was passing by yesterday and noticed this new buffet place that just opened. Since I like interesting food I went over tonight to give it a try. A meat dish will cost only $6.99 a pound from the buffet with a side dish. I tried the lamb curry and found it a little salty but tender. The sides were delicious as I had the plantains and homemade potato salad just like moms Argentenian that she got from relatives who came over from that country. So if anyone wants to give it a try I just wanted everyone to know since its word of mouth right now for them on a side street. They have breakfast lunch and dinner. The owner's wife was trying to please as was the staff and they have 2 other places uptown- one on 131st street

Re: new african/ southern buffet place

Where is the restaurant and what's the name?

Comment

IB Buffet==== 165 W. 26th- between 6th and 7th Avenue but closer to 7th - next to the subway sandwich shop

Comment

I stumbled across this place the other day on my way to Goodwill, and was very happy about the prospect of Senegalese food south of 110th St. I went there for lunch the next day (even though it took 45 min of my lunch break to get there and back), and I have to say I was very impressed with the food.

The lunch buffet that day was not nearly as extensive as their menu would suggest. They had some good-looking goat and beef options, but I don't eat mammals, so I just went for the chicken and fish. I got a piece of the jerk chicken, a bit of the curry chicken, and a couple pieces of the yassa fish, all over rice and peas.

The curry chicken was wonderful. The jerk chicken was some of the best I've ever had. The yassa fish was great (I've only had yassa fish a couple times, so I don't know how it really stacks up in the world of Senegalese cuisine, but I liked it.)

In short: If you're looking for decor or a gigantic selection, this is not the place to go (at least at lunch?maybe the dinner has more items). But if all you care about is the food, and you like Jamaican and Senegalese food, I say you should give IB Buffet a go.

Cal

IB Buffet
        165 W. 26th St.
        (212) 627-2914

Comment

thanks for the thumbs up. The dinner selection was better and I foundthis africian vegetable dish whatever it was - it was delicious- It was a side dish but I had fried chicken with it-

Comment

Working...
          X