$$$ Problem at Saint Vincent de Paul Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$ Problem at Saint Vincent de Paul Church

I was in the church the other day and saw this...

Announcements
    Saint Vincent de Paul Church
    January 30,2011

"A few months ago Archdiocese informed me that our parish would be required to pay without delay its outstanding debt to the Archdiocese,which amounts to $529,417.08. I appealed this decision to the Archdiocese, but the appeal was denied. I therefore this week closed our parish investment account, which contained approximately $280,000.The money will be sent to the Archdiocese. This partial payment represents all that we can pay of this debt. Until now I had relied on this investment account to meet budget shortfalls. From now on our parish will rely on a subsidy from the Archdiocesan Inter-Parish Financing Commission. Our parish income is simply not enough to pay our operating costs, or to
    eliminate our outstanding debt."
    God Bless you, Fr. Gerald Murray, Pastor

Re: $$$ Problem at Saint Vincent de Paul Church

I had heard about this but not seen the announcement. It's truly a pity on a number of levels.

Comment

I thought that the church was going to close.

Comment

I was walking past St. Vincent de Paul Church on 23rd today and noticed that after years of threatened closure it has now closed.

The history of the church and information on the multiple attempts to obtain landmark status for it can be found here

Comment

C'mon Archdiocese do something about this. First a vital Hospital and now a historic Church. This debt needs to be forgiven as St. Vincent's Hospital should have been. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
          I was in the church the other day and saw this...

Announcements
          Saint Vincent de Paul Church
          January 30,2011

"A few months ago Archdiocese informed me that our parish would be required to pay without delay its outstanding debt to the Archdiocese,which amounts to $529,417.08. I appealed this decision to the Archdiocese, but the appeal was denied. I therefore this week closed our parish investment account, which contained approximately $280,000.The money will be sent to the Archdiocese. This partial payment represents all that we can pay of this debt. Until now I had relied on this investment account to meet budget shortfalls. From now on our parish will rely on a subsidy from the Archdiocesan Inter-Parish Financing Commission. Our parish income is simply not enough to pay our operating costs, or to
          eliminate our outstanding debt."
          God Bless you, Fr. Gerald Murray, Pastor

Comment

Actually, St. Vincent's Hospital was under the auspices of the Diocese of Brooklyn. That’s not to say the New York probably couldn’t have helped, but…

Comment

Working...
            X