new discount store-- one just opened- one is closing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new discount store-- one just opened- one is closing

The 99 cents store on 29th St that used to be where the onxyx bldg is and then moved to 29th st between 7th and 8th ave is closing soon. There is a new discount store that just opened on 24th Street - 150 west 24th st. - near whole foods---- they have a few good buys. Its not a 99 cents store but a discount store. Looks like odd lots since they have mens lands end turtlenecks cheap and stuff from marshalls also. Shampoo prices were decent. Hangers were a good deal as were storage boxes for 399 which I couldnt resist. Tins for bakingalso were going for 79 cents the lady said. They had corelle too.. Not so cheap but still a good deal in todays economy

Re: new discount store-- one just opened- one is closing

Momjo, thanks for letting us know about that new discount store. I was over at Whole Foods the other day and some people were standing outside handing out little flyers announcing that store but I didn't have the time to walk over there. I think I'll try it tomorrow though.

Comment

your very welcome-- the flyers didnt have good info so I ended up callingto store before I walked over there in the rain. Not such a good flyer person. I do a better job but I am too busy to have an extra job right now LOL

Comment

I do a better job but I am too busy to have an extra job right now LOL

Momjo: When do you find time to sleep?

Comment

LOL- get to work early and get home early-- always good to work close to home LOL-- have nost of the day free- dont want to get off topic

Comment

yes thanks, always looking for a good discount store. (I was afraid you would put the 23rd St. $.99 store, thank God that's still open)

Comment

Thanks Momjo for the information about the new discount store on 24th. Since I never walk down that block it could have been there forever and I never would have known. Taking a walk there later to see what "bargains" I can find. We can always use another discount store in the neighborhood.

Comment

I went over there yesterday and looked through their inventory and prices and was pretty underwhelmed. I thought in some cases their prices were actually higher than some of the other stores in the area. It's a further walk, but I guess I'll still take my business to Jack's.

Comment

Working...
                X