No announcement yet.

What's Up At 124-126 West 23rd Street?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Up At 124-126 West 23rd Street?

Anyone know what the story is with 124-126 West 23rd Street? That's on the south side of the street, just west of The Milan apartment building. The building appears to have emptied out with no new tenants going in. Ground floor businesses like the King David picture frame place and Madeleine Patisserie have relocated, the latter to just a few doors down. There is now graffiti on the upper floor window. I can only come to one conclusion when I pass by the now abandoned, dusty, lonely old building: here comes another impossibly expensive condo,

Re: What's Up At 124-126 West 23rd Street?

I noticed that too. Most likely they are coming down and a tower being put up, or minimally a modern high priced condo. The buildings are not architecturally significant but they are "old" New York, escpecially the second floor windows. Too bad that so much of "old" New York has disappeared from our neighborhood in the last five years.

Comment

It's too bad, indeed. I happen to like those old buildings. Thanks, Marcus.

Comment

I also wonder whether a new Needle Tower may be built there, similar to the one that is under construction on 23rd Street at Madison Avenue.

Comment

Originally posted by MikaHaze View Post
          I also wonder whether a new Needle Tower may be built there, similar to the one that is under construction on 23rd Street at Madison Avenue.
          What's a "needle tower"?

Comment

A needle tower has a small footprint in width and depth, and they tend to be much taller than the surrounding buildings. The new tower at 23rd and Madison is probably 55 floors.

Comment

Originally posted by MikaHaze View Post
              A needle tower has a small footprint in width and depth, and they tend to be much taller than the surrounding buildings. The new tower at 23rd and Madison is probably 55 floors.
              OH! Thanks, Sort of like a "sliver" building . . . Walked by the one at 23rd/Madison yesterday -- eeek! That's one scary-looking crane.

Comment

Every time I go to the doctor on 3rd Avenue I stay clear of that crane and cross the street which I should not have to do as I need to stay on the crane side of the street but that is one scary looking crane.

Comment

Working...
                X