Dog incident at Garden of Eden last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog incident at Garden of Eden last night

Did anybody see the guy with two dogs last night at Garden of Eden (23rd/7th) who was getting thrown out of the market for having brought the dogs inside?

The cops came and he was carrying on that the manager hit him over the head with a bat, and the manager (who's kicked me out once before for wearing rollerblades and told me there was a sign - though there wasn't) told him to prove it, and asked where the bat was then. The cop asked if the man had proof and he said his girlfriend, but she was nowhere in sight.
    Outside the dogman was yelling at the cop to give him the number for the
    13th precinct, which is weird because the 10th is probably closer.

Anyways, I think he should've known better than to bring two big dogs into a grocery store. The thing that pissed me off was when he insisted on telling the police that he's allowed to bring them indoors because they're "service dogs" - I doubt it. He looked perfectly fine to me, not blind or physically challenged. Perhaps mental.

If people want to impose their "service dogs" in , then I think that they should have to make the dogs wear a badge or something on their collars.

Re: Dog incident at Garden of Eden last night

WOW what a story. I agree with your idea that service dogs should be identifiable. I witnessed some time back a woman with her dog in CVS, the dog peed on a display of candy and when confronted by some of us waiting in line she became beligerent. Claimed there was nothing she could do to control where the dog went. And of course she didn't offer to pay for the candy. I do like dogs but after that I have a problem with them in stores or restaurants.

Comment

Re: Dog incident at Garden of Eden last night

Originally posted by JimR View Post
      WOW what a story. I agree with your idea that service dogs should be identifiable. I witnessed some time back a woman with her dog in CVS, the dog peed on a display of candy and when confronted by some of us waiting in line she became beligerent. Claimed there was nothing she could do to control where the dog went. And of course she didn't offer to pay for the candy. I do like dogs but after that I have a problem with them in stores or restaurants.
      GROSS! I'll be the candy's still there.
      www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X