WEST ELM VS. MOTHER EARTH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEST ELM VS. MOTHER EARTH

Does anyone besides myself get disgusted from WEST ELM leaving their doors open allowing A/C to bellow out all day long? I've made comments to the staff twice this month, and both times i was told that leaving the doors open helps to bring in customers. Thats when I decided to bring back my coffee table and bed linens. Gotta' love the Williams Sonoma Corp.'s lack of interest in our environment.

Re: WEST ELM VS. MOTHER EARTH

While we're on the subject of West Elm's wastefulness, can I say that I'm sick of receiving their catalogs in the mail like clockwork? I have never made a purchase there and I probably never will (its colors are too washed-out, its design too faux-Scandinavian for me) but that doesn't deter the company from printing reams of paper (and crowding out my legit mail) to bug me. The only way its furniture would look good is if I lived in a minimalist, whitewashed loft--and that's the only way I could make room for the piles of their direct marketing, too.

Comment

There are a ton of stores and restaurants that do that. It is a complete waste of energy.

Comment

I would have to agree with all previous comments made about West Elm...I happen to live right next door to it, and not only is it a disappointment to see how much energy they waste every day, but it's a shame to see how much garbage they waste, I am surprised that people even purchase furniture there.

Comment

Well, it looks like such behavior may soon be made illegal in the city. Stores could soon be paying $400 every time they misuse that doorstop:

http://racked.com/archives/2008/08/1...ws_the_law.php

Starting Thursday, businesses that keep their doors open while blasting air conditioning—like all the shops in our This Store Blows series—will be breaking the law. The City Council is about to approve a measure that give stores one warning before charging $200 the second time they're found wasting their AC. After that, it's $400 for each violation. "Council Member Gale Brewer, who represents the Upper West Side, said she introduced the bill after receiving a steady stream of complaints from constituents who were frustrated with stores that kept their doors propped open in the summer, allowing cold air to flow out of the building onto the sidewalk." Guess we weren't the only ones who noticed.

Comment

Working...
          X