Allerton Hotel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allerton Hotel

i heard assurances that the Allerton would not be demolished, and that the hotel would be renovated as a boutique hotel.

It sure looks as if it is about to be knocked down.

Any info?

Re: Allerton Hotel

The owners of the 'Allerton' hotel gave a presentation of the plans for the restoration of the building at the Nov. 8th Block Association meeting.

The estimated completion date is Sept 2008 for the renovation of the existing structure and reopening as a boutique hotel with retail spaces at ground level. The building size will remain the same and the facade will be refurbished. There will probably be a new name.

Comment

Greetings, Do you know if their are plans for the roof tops of the Allerton? A terrace or lounge etc? Could be noisy. Thanks

Comment

Our current info is that they will not be adding to the height of the hotel building. They are rebuilding a previous "penthouse" structure at the top and structure for the elevator.....no plans we know of for any lounge or such....no resturant...at most modest facility for possible room service is what we have been told.

Comment

The workers on the Allerton on 22nd and Eighth are already building two floors ABOVE the original structure. I can see the construction from my window.

Was this in the plans? Not according to recent posts on this site.

Please comment.

Comment

RE: "...already building two floors ABOVE the original structure."

You should report this to the NYC Department of Buildings via 311. It is not unheard of for developers to ignore permits, codes etc etc and build what they want, where they want, when they want. The building on East 51 Street where the crane fell several weeks ago was, in fact, improperly approved, which was one factor leading to Pat Lancaster's resignation as Commissioner of Buildings. You should also give a call to Chelsea Now newspaper - they love this kind of thing and seem really good at getting action and response from the City. If you send them photos I'm sure they'll be even happier to follow up.

Comment

Working...
            X