Anyone want to yard sale on W 16th?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to yard sale on W 16th?

Anyone want to yard sale on W 16th? I would like to pick a date and have as many people as possible, participate in a stoop (yard) sale on the block.

Anyone else interested?

I was thinking about one of the upcoming weekends.

Re: Anyone want to yard sale on W 16th?

Hi Here Since 1983,

I know I'm changing the subject, but I have to tell you your user name freaked me out when I first saw it! On the home page it says:

"Welcome to Our Newest Member, "

and then it inserts the name of the newest member. So when I just read it just now, it said:

"Welcome to Our Newest Member, Here Since 1983"!

And I thought, "did a glitch get into the system where instead of telling the member name it now tells how long they've been here!" And I thought something must have gone wrong with the date and time service on the server making the site think we were back in the 80s!

Anyway, glad to see it was "just" you. Very clever name!

Comment

The name is just because I ran out of ideas for new user names. I was neither bragging or complaining. I thought it might be helpful to know there are some who have been here for years and have seen lots of change. I do welcome all newcomers and celebrate all those who have been here longer than me.

There was, at one time a block association on 16th street and I wonder if anyone would be interested in starting a new one.

Comment

Now that I think about I am glad I did not pick the name "now go away", as it would have read "Welcome new member, now go away"

Comment

That's hilarious! Now watch, someone will choose "now go away"! Very funny!

Comment

For helpful pointers on how to go about starting a Block Association you might want to contact the folks at the Council of Chelsea Block Associations, William Borock (president) and Leslie Doyle Frisch (VP) are two good contact points.

Comment

Working...
            X