Fire on 14th & Union Sq?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire on 14th & Union Sq?

My friend just called and said she was at 14th and Union Square and she saw a pretty big fire. Anyone hear anything about this? I can't find anything on the news about it.

Re: Fire on 14th & Union Sq?

I haven't heard anything about that Jonathan but they're showing a really large roof fire on a building on 34th bet 10th & 11th on TV right now.

Comment

That's wild! I'm watching the 34th street fire too and I'm a bit confused by something. The water tower that's on the roof is on fire! Which brings up the question - are those things filled with water or not!?

Comment

The fire on 14th St. around Union Sq. was a grease fire at Blimpies. After the fire, it looked like the store was ok, but not 100% sure - it was night by that point.

Comment

Oh. Thanks for the info Loren! It must have looked like a pretty huge fire to my friend. But not huge enough to not get shut out of the news by the fire on 34th St.

Comment

Funny. I saw the fire on 34th Street story on the 11 P.M. newscast. They said, that it was at the Coach handbag headquarters. They said the fire was contained to the roof area and was allegedly ignited by someone who might've been smoking on the roof.

The reported also mentioned, that this was just the heaquarters not an actual retail or wholesale outlet, and that none of the handbags were injured or destroyed. I just think that is hilarious; that handbags have now become living and breathing beings.

"CC"

Comment

Working...
            X