Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do It Orally ! (HIV screening)

In case it's not known -
    every Thursday at BioScript (20th/8th) from 4-8pm they offer free, confidential HIV testing w/o needles or blood - just a swab from your mouth and results in 20mins!
    If you can't make it then, HAF (Hispanic Aids Forum) offer the same services at their offices. The closest to Chelsea is W35th & 7th.

For more info: wwwhafnyc.org / 212.563.4500

Also, we have this amazing free health Chelsea Clinic on the Western side of 9th @ 28th/29th where they give free anonymous STI/D testing.
    The only things is, you should get there really early (like 8am) to be first on line and get through the 2hr process the quickest.

Since HAF was giving out free condoms and info on my corner today, it reminded me to alert ya'll.

Good luck, be well!
    xo
    v

Re: Do It Orally ! (HIV screening)

Thanks for posting this Vidis. Hopefully it'll help somebody.

Comment

This is amazing. I can't believe how far HIV testing has come. Remember when it took weeks to find out? Hopefully this will save lives. At the least, it will give people incentive to test early, because it is so much easier.
      www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Great post especially since the latest city stats show that HIV is on the rise (some 30&#37 in the 18 to 35 year olds

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
          In case it's not known -
          every Thursday at BioScript (20th/8th) from 4-8pm they offer free, confidential HIV testing ...

Also, we have this amazing free health Chelsea Clinic on the Western side of 9th @ 28th/29th
          This is great info about BioScript -- thanks. However, for males getting tested at the clinic (I did this a couple of years ago), they also take a swabbing from inside the uretha. (I went for a full STD panel.) There is a much less painful process, but they said they didn't have the latest technology and therefore use this older method. If anyone has info that they do _not_ use this method anymore, please post!!

Comment

Working...
          X