anybody use Spot on networks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody use Spot on networks?

for your ISP? I've been losing chunks of e-mails since Friday afternoon. I've called him about 12 times, talked to guys like 4; the last two telling me it's probably back up.
    Thanks
    K

Re: anybody use Spot on networks?

Never even heard of it.

Comment

I talked to them, not ' him'. – can't edit after a couple of hours. Also, I have talked to 4 guys out of like 7 phone calls.

Evidently they only have a few e-mail accounts, so I'm wondering if they're making it difficult so we quit – which is very tempting but will be much more expensive.

Comment

How is it "more expensive" to quit? If they're not providing quality service just tell them you're out of it. Period, end of storey. If they give you aggravation, tell them to contact your attorney. How did you get involved in what sounds like an obvious rip-off inn the first place?

Comment

Just wondering -- if by "more expensive" you mean how much a different service will charge, there may not be a big difference. I have no idea how much Spot charges, or what service they provide that others may not, but since most companies now are desperately trying to keep clients happy by offering good pricing you might be able to negotiate a fair deal. What is it about Spot that made you choose them? I never even heard of them.

Comment

(first, thanks.)
            They're $15 a month. I'm still not getting all my e-mails. They are evidently offering e-mail to less people, and I accused them of making this difficult to get rid of me. (had words with them yesterday when they told me it was my e-mail account, when it is not.)

I don't want to get FIOS or RCN I'm going to post separately about RCN because I like to know how reliable they are. But I don't want to have to pay minimum $75 for a bundle.

Comment

I have RCN and have had them for over ten years now. I have found them to be reliable and (crossing my eyes, my fingers, my toes and knocking on wood) I haven't had any problems that they wouldn't resolve easily. The cable charge is added to the maintenance (I have the basic cable which has enough for me), and for telephone and internet (which I believe is the 1.5 internet and OK for me) comes out to around a little less than $50/mo. I haven't checked other services because I haven't felt the need to do so. If you go to the meeting on the 29th I guess our Board member can fill you in on what's available.

Comment

RCN

maybe you got grandfathered in because I'm hearing I have to pay $35 plus equipment which equals $15, plus taxes and he said it would come to about $70. The three like you have: Internet, TV and phone.the TV stations a list of pretty much what I get already now with network; I would get a more reliable phone, and Internet it would just be the revenge factor of dropping my fairly unreliable Spot on.
                Thanks!

Comment

If Spot provides your internet, why can't you still use them just to connect and then choose a free email like AOL, or Juno, or Netzero, or Yahoo,or the lesser known ones which happen to be pretty good like myway, or excite, and there are probably a lot more I don't know.

Comment

(do you really pay $35 total with RCN? That sounds good to me.)
                    I need to use an e-mail server because I'm totally dependent upon voice recognition, and going to Yahoo or Gmail is much more clunky, and not user-friendly. Which I could do: connect it up to Gmail or Yahoo! Mail.
                    In the meantime, after 10 days, they finally contacted the tech guys and got some DNS settings and it looks like I'm back up. They will not refund my money for the aggravation, the re-injuring myself, the hours spent with them on customer service. Even if I'm not "paying" for e-mail, these things cost me,and good customer service would be to give me like half off for the month. Which they will not do.

Comment

No, I don't pay $35 total for RCN. Cable is on our maintenance bill. I have basic cable so for me (with 2 cable boxes) I pay $33/mo. For internet and telephone my monthly bill is around $47, so that would be approximately $80.00/mo total.

Comment

No, I don't pay $35 total for RCN. Cable is on our maintenance bill. I have basic cable so for me (with 2 cable boxes) I pay $33/mo. For internet and telephone my monthly bill is around $47, so that would be approximately $80.00/mo total.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but it didn't show up when I first went on here this morning so I sent again.

Comment

Working...
                          X